Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-29-2013, 03:26 PM   #1

HR Ambassador Overheating

I have a 2011 HR Rambler Ambassador with a Maxxforce 10 and the engine and transmission show on the gauges that they are going past the 1/2 way point The transmission sump pump reflects 200 degrees. Any idea's.
dmastin is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-29-2013, 05:45 PM   #2

200 degrees is no problem for transmission fluid or the tranny itself. My Allison trans usually runs around 180, but can sometimes creep up to around 200. I have read up to 220-225 is fine and short burst to 240 is OK but to me that's pushing it. Engine temps are also fine at that range. If your gauges are like mine (not very accurate) a scanguage d is a wonderful cost effective instrument to eliminate questionable gauges.
Chad
onechaddude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 07:42 AM   #3

Scanguage made by who?

Thanks for your insight.
dmastin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 10:19 AM   #4

I am not really sure who makes it, can look up online. It is sold at camping world and other places including online. I bought mine at cw, usually around $150. Simply plugs into the diagnostic plug under the dash up front. Reads the info from the engine computer. Never had too (knock on wood) from mine but it will read trouble codes from computer also if you are having a fault or check engine light. Company claims fuel monitoring and mileage but I haven't used that function, I bought to monitor engine parameters that the dash gauges lack clarity. Hope this helps.
Chad
onechaddude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 10:34 AM   #5

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Both dash gauges are inaccurate on my rig. They routinely show trans temp near C and eng temp near H. My Aladin Jr will display digital numbers and I normally run 195 on each (normal according to Cummins and Allison).
Playtime III is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 05:47 PM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by onechaddude View Post
I am not really sure who makes it, can look up online. It is sold at camping world and other places including online. I bought mine at cw, usually around $150. Simply plugs into the diagnostic plug under the dash up front. Reads the info from the engine computer. Never had too (knock on wood) from mine but it will read trouble codes from computer also if you are having a fault or check engine light. Company claims fuel monitoring and mileage but I haven't used that function, I bought to monitor engine parameters that the dash gauges lack clarity. Hope this helps.
Chad
The mfg is Welcome To Linear-Logic and I have one installed. One of the best feature in the Motorhome if you want clear, accurate information. And yes, resetting the codes is a plus.

Good day!
Dynasty_09 is offline   Reply With Quote