Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-28-2014, 11:53 AM   #1
GCS

HR Factory Repair Center in Decatur, IN

Greetings! We're contemplating bringing our 2008 HR Endeavor 40 SFT to the Allied Recreation Group - the HR factory - in Decatur, IN for some repair and upgrade and are looking to hear from those who may have used their services in the fairly recent past. Standing by ~
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-28-2014, 02:10 PM   #2

I was there a few weeks ago to get one of my slides adjusted.

The good - it is a pretty nice setup. Be sure to make an appointment. Arrived the night before and checked in. They give you a spot to park in that is in a large parking lot. Each spot has electric. You go to the office the next morning at 6:00 am. Your tech comes back to the lot and drives your coach back to the service building and they start on it. We were on our way by 9:00. If your repair will take longer you can always do the factory tour that starts about 9:00.

The not so good - None of the tech are ex Monaco/HR people. That's not to say that they don't do good work - they did. It's just that I expected to deal with people that had years of experience on my specific coach. I had all kinds of questions to ask but didn't. Maybe that was an unreasonable expectation on my part. As an example - the guy that drove our coach back to the shop said "boy this drives like a Cadillac" like it was a total shock.

Would I go back there again? Probably not, unless it was something that an authorized shop couldn't do. Again, they do good work, they treated us great, and they were all super nice. But in my opinion no better than a local authorized dealer could do for what we had to have done.
AtlantaRick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 08:53 PM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
Monaco, Decatur

AtlantaRick I agree with you. I took the factory tour today. I was surprised how "Fleetwood" oriented they were.
Old 07-28-2014, 09:07 PM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
I had a good experience at the Decatur Service facility. They did a good job on the various warranty issues. If your on the East Coast you may want to try Alliance in Wildwood, FL. This is the old Monaco Service site. You'll find techs with 20 plus years experience on Monaco and HR coaches.
Old 07-29-2014, 07:18 AM   #5

I am real surprised how many folks are upset with Fleetwood and the purchase of Monaco/HR.....

I worked in the same field for over 40 years and went through 9 different owners of the same company, now understand EVERY time the owner changed, the focus of the employees that were retained changed to the NEW owners focus....

The same products were sold under the same names, but I bet that the new owners mostly bought the company for the people that worked there and the assets that were available for sale.......They bought the names of the products also but not necessarily the way they are built/manufactured and they will sell them the way they want too.....So I would suggest that folks get over the fact that Fleetwood owns the name.The coaches will be built they way Fleetwood wants not the way old time owners of HR/Monaco think they should..........Fleetwood does not care how they were built by the previous owners........Trust me on that...The CEO that went with Fleetwood now WORKS for Fleetwood not HR/Monaco......

My .02 and not worth that much maybe.............
Mike
Lincolnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 11:43 AM   #6
GCS

Thanks all for the replies. With the work we are looking at having done, we're going to give them a try. I have had some e-mail and phone contact with Rick Black, the shop schedule advisor, and he left me with a very good impression. He looked up my coach, and has it in their system identifying every part in it and on it. He got an estimate for my work to me very quickly (I'm looking at it now!). With the positive comments regarding the work end of things posted here, I feel we should get everything we need done correctly. Thanks again for the input!

Tags
cat, repair