Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-13-2008, 02:04 PM   #1

We recently purchased a used 07 Holiday Rambler Imperial. It has a Onan 10kw gen. The exhaust pipe does not have a chrome tip nor does it have a exhaust pipe support bracket. I think the previous owner had a exhaust pipe extension for tail-gate trips to the games. Does anyone have a similar coach and does your gen. exhaust pipe have a bracket and chrome extension ? Thanks Sam
Oh-one is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-13-2008, 02:04 PM   #2

We recently purchased a used 07 Holiday Rambler Imperial. It has a Onan 10kw gen. The exhaust pipe does not have a chrome tip nor does it have a exhaust pipe support bracket. I think the previous owner had a exhaust pipe extension for tail-gate trips to the games. Does anyone have a similar coach and does your gen. exhaust pipe have a bracket and chrome extension ? Thanks Sam
Oh-one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2008, 03:37 PM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
Hi Oh-one,
I have the Genturi exhaust up-pipe for dog shows and rallies, and yes, you do have to take off the ten inch chrome pipe extention from the generator tailpipe. I do however have the support bracket that sets about a foot to two feet from the end of the exhaust pipe. There was absolutely no reason to take off the support bracket as the Genturi only uses about three inches of the end of the tailpipe to add it's peice of pipe that the Genturi attatches to. I finally decided to keep the pretty chrome exhaust extention off of the generator's exhaust pipe because off all of the dogshows that we go to. It also saves the wear and tear on my bad knees.

Here's a clue, are there two eyelets riveted to the side above the drivers side electrical bay? These are for the support hooks of the Genturi.

I can't understand why there is not any support brackets for the exhaust pipe unless the previous owner used a flexible pipe and shoved it two feet over the exhaust pipe which is extremely doubtful since it will create back pressure. Also, it would be dumb to take off the support bracket. All you need for a new support bracket would be some plumber's tape and screw or bolt it to the bottom of the motorhome. That's my take on it.

Good luck,

AKBrick
Old 07-14-2008, 01:35 AM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
AK,

I put my Genturi on this weekend so can now follow your post with understanding. The only thing I did not like was the pop-rivets and the lack of height. I used stainless steel screws in place of the rivets and ordered the 18 inch extension to get the pipe above the roof line. Now I am ready for the Monaco rally in October.

Oh-one,

I think AK is on to something here. If your exhaust pipe does not have a hanger near the end of the pipe I would suggest you have one installed.

Bob
nodine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 05:45 AM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
Nodine,
Actually I haven't been able to bring myself to drill any holes into my motorhome yet. I use the hooks, but I hook them over the molding lip of the top of the electrical bay. I cover the hooks with rubber tape so that they won't dig into the paint. I really DO need to get on with that project though. That extention sounds like a great idea. I didn't know that they had them. Thanks for the info!

AKBrick
Old 07-14-2008, 08:32 AM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
Excel Owners Club
AK...
You can always do it the way your hero, Diplomat Don, did his genturi. Take a look at these photos.... I would try to sweet talk him into doing one for us if he was coming up here early enough before the Oregon Jamboree...but I believe they won't even have time for the Troll's "Signature Salmon Supper" (The truth be known...I think Diplomat Don is afraid to try the salmon...he is another who professes to dislike the tasty fish! )

Anyway... I think his project is right up your alley!

MM

MonacoMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 12:15 PM   #7
"Formerly Diplomat Don"

Newmar Owners Club
I'm very happy with my bracket and have used it several times.....just don't like drilling or ataching anything to the outside of the coach. If you look at the last photos that MonacoMama posted, I was also able to put a chrome tip back on with just a twist to lock it.

Now if MonacoMama's signature dish was meatloaf or ribeye.....I'd be right there. If the fish doesn't come out of a shell or say Gorton's on it, I don't eat it.
Dutch Star Don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 12:26 PM   #8

Monaco Owners Club
Excel Owners Club
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Diplomat Don:
...Now if MonacoMama's signature dish was meatloaf or ribeye.....I'd be right there. If the fish doesn't come out of a shell or say Gorton's on it, I don't eat it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>LOL...funny...Sacs had said he would have a rib eye for Don ad I have my special Secret Meatloaf already mixed, in the freezer and ready to bake... (Whatcha bet he still doesn't plan on dinner wih us? )

MM

Old 07-14-2008, 01:25 PM   #9

Monaco Owners Club
For those interested I found the 18 inch extension here:
http://www.buygenturi.com/genturi/parts.cfm

They are a bit high on the price but I had trouble finding another source online.

Bob
nodine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 04:30 PM   #10

Monaco Owners Club
nodine,
Thanks for the website!

Dip D,

Wo! Dude! That is a great Genturi bracket you made there. However, my question is , are you fulltiming it, and do you carry a welder with you? I suppose I could re-wire my generator for that. Once upon a time I had a garage with all those cool tools. I do miss them at times when I have a brilliant idea or two but CAN'T do the project unless I go to Home Depot and by a garage load of tools again. What am I THINKING!!?? Life is GOOOOOOOD!!!!!!

Oh Yeah,
MonocoMama, we'll be in your area again for our last warrenty work to be done before we head south in August. From about August 5th through the 16th.

Dip D,
I'm surprised Mama hasn't taken away ALL of your Karma by not visiting her and SacsTC!! Sheesh!! And dissing her cooking too???!!!! Unbelievable!!!!!

AKBrick
Old 07-15-2008, 09:58 AM   #11

Monaco Owners Club
Gosh DD that is a super Job on the mounting bracket, it sure would be nice to have that in Quick Tips and Easy Mods.
walt2137 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 10:29 AM   #12

Oh-one, your exhaust hanger may still be in place. Don't forget that the exhaust pipe moves out with the generator slide so there is not a hanger near the end.

It is a couple of feet from the hanger to the edge of the coach. Well, maybe not a couple...
Les Stallings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 01:15 PM   #13

Monaco Owners Club
Excel Owners Club
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by walt2137:
Gosh DD that is a super Job on the mounting bracket, it sure would be nice to have that in Quick Tips and Easy Mods. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Will this do?

MM

Old 07-15-2008, 06:34 PM   #14
"Formerly Diplomat Don"

Newmar Owners Club
AKBrick...We're spending 4 days with MonacoMama and SacTC at the Oregon Concert. Matter of fact, we have the site next to them. We'll be there from July 31 thru August 4th and then head north to Monaco for a tour and then Seattle for a few days.

I here she makes FANTASTIC salmon, I'm just not a fish person, but my wife orders salmon everywhere we go.
Dutch Star Don is offline   Reply With Quote