Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-26-2021, 03:55 PM   #1

HWH 2000 Leveling Leaning in Travel Mode

I need some serious help PLEASE! 2004 Monaco Executive. I have the coach at my house now for 2 ½ weeks and it won’t be long before the Police will tell me I need to move it. The system was working correctly but now it not. I replaced all the O-rings on the drive and tag axle 6 pack manifold. Now this is what it doing, when put in travel mode the driver side complete lower and the passenger side rise to the max height. Went back and recheck all of the solenoid plugs to verify that the plug is plug into the correct plug on the pig tail connection, since this is the only thing that I did. All the plug are correctly plug in. All of the other functions are working correctly. I verify that the LED light for the travel mode on the control box motherboard is correct. Could it be the ride height control valve? Can’t get it into a shop till middle of July. This is crazy! Thanks in advance for any assistant
Dueyp is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-26-2021, 05:57 PM   #2

Winnebago Owners Club
In Travel mode the Raise and Lower solenoids are closed. Travel solenoids should be open allowing height control valves to let air in/out of the airbags. If one of the travel solenoids is stuck closed, it blocks air which should go to airbags on its side. Since one side is abnormally raised it could be a front travel valve since the front valve will "try" to achieve its height by filling whatever airbags it can, which would be the bags opposite the stuck valve. I'd check the front travel valve on the low side first.
Old 05-27-2021, 05:43 AM   #3

Thanks Rick! I never though of the front manifold since I only reseal the 2 rear manifold. I'll check the front solenoid. Look to be just as bad as the rear to get to it.

I was following the HWH Troubleshooting guide ML31043,
1c. The (red)"TRAVEL MODE"
button light flashes,
the vehicle will not
return to ride height.

1. Checked the LED lights on the control box motherboard. All 3 LED function correctly.

2. Check for +12 volts power and ground at
the travel valves. If power and ground is present, the travel
valve may be bad. This can be checked by removing an air
line from the height control valve at the HWH manifold. Air
should flow through the manifold when the travel valve is
open.
This one confuse me, I remove the air line from the L/R Travel solenoid and I get out of the Left valve and on the right side the air is Exhausting thru the exhaust port. How that happen? Should I try to find why this is happening.
Old 05-27-2021, 06:30 AM   #4

Winnebago Owners Club
1. Is 'Travel" light on solid? or does it stay blinking?
2. Both travel solenoids in front connect to the front travel valve and pass air to the airbags on their side. (Check the diagram in your HWH manual.) You should get air from the travel valve feeding the airbags on the side which is high, but if the other side travel valve is stuck closed there will be little or no air going to the low airbags. I think that may be your problem. I had a similar situation with my 03 Dynasty a few years ago.

Even though power may be going to the HWH solenoid valve, it may "stick" sometimes. Once it gets sticky I do not know if it can be fixed.

Others on this forum know a lot more about these HWH systems than I do. You can get more info by searching the forum for other threads on HWH leveling.
Old 05-27-2021, 11:20 AM   #5

Sure you didn't knock the rod off of one of the ride height valves in the
rear?

Ray
03 Windsor
RamiDav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2021, 07:49 AM   #6

Rick, sorry I didn't get to you early.
The LED in the control box is steady RED as it should be.
Checked the front travel solenoid valve by removing the air line from the manifold going to the ride height control valve. Put the coach in travel mode and air is coming out of the manifold for the L/R side as it should.
I'm still confuse on the rear drive axle manifold why the right side travel valve when the solenoid engaged air is coming out the EXHAUST port instead of the port going to the ride height control valve.

Here a strange thing when I was checking the rear travel valve and had both line off the manifold that is coming from the ride height control valve there was no air coming out of the lines going to the manifold at all. I wonder how that is, when the air is coming straight from the air tank to the ride height control valve and out to the manifold. Going to look for the way to test the ride height control valve.

So for now I'm have the L/R Travel solenoid disconnected. So now the travel mode light come on and it not leaning but no ride height adjustment. Thanks Rick
Old 05-28-2021, 07:51 AM   #7

Ray, the ride height control valve rod is solid. thanks
Old 05-28-2021, 08:42 AM   #8

Go back to your last work. Rolled off /pinched/tore, wrong sized, missed an O -ring ,doubled an o-ring in seat or forget to use an o-ring as a seat seal that's a common mistake rebuilding solenoids trust me I have repaired 100s of Asco valves. Were rings Vinton or correct durometer/hardness were the kits from HWH. EPDM rubber O- rings sometimes sold in hardware plumbing supply will quickly swell in oil and generally softer if specified for plumbing compared to hydraulics.
153stars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2021, 08:57 AM   #9

I forgot to add if springs are used could be an issue.
Old 05-28-2021, 11:20 AM   #10

Oops not hydraulic 6pack I stand by Viton orings only though
Old 05-29-2021, 04:39 AM   #11

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dueyp View Post
Rick, sorry I didn't get to you early.
The LED in the control box is steady RED as it should be.
Checked the front travel solenoid valve by removing the air line from the manifold going to the ride height control valve. Put the coach in travel mode and air is coming out of the manifold for the L/R side as it should.
I'm still confuse on the rear drive axle manifold why the right side travel valve when the solenoid engaged air is coming out the EXHAUST port instead of the port going to the ride height control valve.

Here a strange thing when I was checking the rear travel valve and had both line off the manifold that is coming from the ride height control valve there was no air coming out of the lines going to the manifold at all. I wonder how that is, when the air is coming straight from the air tank to the ride height control valve and out to the manifold. Going to look for the way to test the ride height control valve.

So for now I'm have the L/R Travel solenoid disconnected. So now the travel mode light come on and it not leaning but no ride height adjustment. Thanks Rick
I misread your earlier post...I thought it was the front where air was coming out of the exhaust port.

The exhaust port on the manifold is for the "lower" solenoid. In travel mode both raise and lower solenoids should be closed.

Have you tried taking the HWH solenoid out of the circuit? just run tank air to travel valves in back?
Old 05-29-2021, 05:32 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpasetto View Post
I misread your earlier post...I thought it was the front where air was coming out of the exhaust port.

The exhaust port on the manifold is for the "lower" solenoid. In travel mode both raise and lower solenoids should be closed.

Have you tried taking the HWH solenoid out of the circuit? just run tank air to travel valves in back?
So I must be getting power to the left "lower" solenoid. I'll have to check that. Thanks
Old 05-29-2021, 06:38 AM   #13

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dueyp View Post
So I must be getting power to the left "lower" solenoid. I'll have to check that. Thanks
It could be that solenoid is stuck in the open position also. If you have one, a clamp type DC ammeter would help here.

Also, if someone hasn't mentioned, make sue the coach is securely supported when you go underneath... It's also great that you can get under the coach easily. I used to do that ... but not much any more.
Old 05-29-2021, 10:42 AM   #14

You can drive the back wheels onto a couple of heights on 2x12s.
Safer and easier, still gotta be very careful unless you have some
heavy-duty jack stands.

The other thing I wanted to mention is you can unplug the solenoids
one at a time then supply 12v to each solenoid to see what each one
does or if it does nothing at all.

Good luck & keep in touch
RamiDav is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
hwh, leveling, travel