Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-03-2019, 06:49 AM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
HWH 2000 series not working

Hello everyone.
I have a 2004 Signature with air-levelling only, it was working fine then quit. Now there are no lights on at the touch panel or in the controller box in the ceiling mid-bay when the ignition is on. I fired the engine and built-up air but still nothing. I have checked fuses in the exterior box at the left front and the fuses at the engine panel and the connection beneath the touch panel, am I missing a component or additional fuse location to check? It appears there is no power to the components but the rest of the coach is working fine.

If I can't sort it out quickly I would like to dump the remaining air so it is at least mostly level on my pad, do you have any ideas how to accomplish that?

Thanks for any assistance, it is much appreciated.

Bruce, snowbirding at ORI in Indio, CA
Dunbarthedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-03-2019, 07:12 AM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
Do you see any LED lights On inside the HWH control box?

There are also a bunch of fuses inside that Control Box. Lastly, you should remove the dash control pad and check the plug connector under it. It has been reported that this plug gets loose or corroded and needs to be checked/replugged in. There is a light on the backside of that panel that should be flashing whenever the ignition is On (that means the pad is communicating with the control box)

I have attached the troubleshooting manual here. Good luck
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	HWH control box photo.jpg
Views:	184
Size:	330.4 KB
ID:	230891  
Attached Files
File Type: pdf HWH Series 2000 Service Troubleshooting Manual_ml31043.pdf (542.3 KB, 173 views)
CountryB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2019, 07:46 AM   #3

Wow, Bruce, I'm so sorry to hear about what you have going on. I'll give you two quick thoughts.

First, our '06 Dynasty which should be at least somewhat similar has four fuses associated with the HWH. At least the strips in the front run box would suggest this to be the case.

On board #5, fuse #1 is a 5 amp and I think it goes to the control module.
On board #6, fuse #4 is a 15 amp and I think it goes to the control module and reset switch.
On board #9, fuse #7 is a 15 amp and I think it goes to the control module, and may just involve inflation?
On board #12, fuse #6 is a 20 amp and I think it goes to the auxiliary compressor.

Second, although I doubt it will change anything, do you have a rocker switch, perhaps in the front run box or on or under your dash that might be labeled HWH Reset? Ours is in the front run box, just inside the top right corner fo the door.

I hope one of these things may help. Good luck to you!
K7JV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2019, 10:52 AM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
One time the plug on the back of my control panel came unplugged. Just had to plug it back in.
Old 01-03-2019, 11:57 AM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
I had issues with our 2004 Signature HWH leveling system also. The nice thing about HWH is they have great tech support and parts still available.
The ground wire on the wire bundle connected to the back side of the control panel pulled loose. I also had one of the fuses out and finally had to change out the leveling sensor. Don't make the same mistake I did. Make sure you check all four fuses Jim listed.
Also, as Jim mentioned you have a reset rocker switch. Yours is on the rear section of the drivers side console aft of the HWH control panel.

Here is a link to the detailed write up I did. Our system had been neglected for some time so hopefully yours will be simple.
http://www.irv2.com/forums/f115/repa...ch-389075.html

Hope this helps.
vito.a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2019, 02:20 PM   #6

I had the same thing Mainti had with the plug on the underside of the HWH control panel. Good luck Peter in Maine. P.S. I wrapped tape around the plug so it won't come out again.
peterdube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2019, 07:38 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by maint1 View Post
One time the plug on the back of my control panel came unplugged. Just had to plug it back in.
Mine did the same thing, wrapped it with electrical tape to prevent it from happening again.
mlh2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2019, 05:46 AM   #8

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Contact Paul at AZPETE on the Irv2 forum. He works for HWH and can answer your questions. His email is pfmaddox@att.net and his phone number is 602-549-3638. He is a Commercial Member and has posted that his phone is always on, and if not answered, leave a message.

He has helped others on this forum and I am sure he can help you.
Towing 2014 Ford Explorer
veraken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2019, 06:48 AM   #9

Monaco Owners Club
Hi Everyone,
Thanks for all the good advice! I have checked all fuses in the front box and at the rear engine panel. I checked the plug on the control panel and all the connections at the control module. I turned off all power hoping for a reset and with my mechanic and HWH on the phone started the coach and observed that it allowed me to put it in gear and release the brake without setting off any warnings as all my slides were out. Starting the coach had no effect on the list and did not engage ride-height.
It appears there is no power getting to the control module and touch pad, does anyone know where the control module gets power from?
Thanks for all your help. I have a Technician coming Tuesday morning to look into the problem .
Old 01-05-2019, 11:07 AM   #10

Monaco Owners Club
You could try putting 12VDC power to power input at the HWH box to see if everything works then (maybe a temp solution to get you where you need to go). At least be sure to unplug the CN98 and test for power at the connector if you have not already done that.

Or maybe start at the CN98 connector on the control box and see if you can follow the wires or get a circuit number of the wires.

PS. The connector diagram is at the end of the troubleshooting manual I posted earlier. Good luck
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	HWH power.JPG
Views:	104
Size:	259.9 KB
ID:	231052  
Old 01-07-2019, 07:26 PM   #11

Monaco Owners Club
Before you go and make a big deal, check the plug on the control panel. I had the same issue and checked the plug and sure enough......
rhilton284 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2019, 04:04 AM   #12

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhilton284 View Post
Before you go and make a big deal, check the plug on the control panel. I had the same issue and checked the plug and sure enough......
He did that in post #9.
Old 01-08-2019, 08:00 AM   #13

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by CountryB View Post
He did that in post #9.
Sorry didn't see that......
rhilton284 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2019, 07:49 PM   #14

Monaco Owners Club
Hi Everyone,
An update on the HWH issue. The issue was a relay in the LF electrical compartment. The relay was not working so power was stopped there. For 2004 this relay is not replaceable without replacing the entire board! I found a great Tech, Mike at Done Right RV in the Coachella valley, he found it right away and made a work-around to get power to the control box and panel. Everything is working again and life is good once more.

Thank you all for your trouble-shooting advice and assistance, it is much appreciated.

Tags
hwh