RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-23-2015, 12:43 PM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
HWH 600 Series Air Leveling Problem

Hi there, my HWH air (NOT hydraulic) 600 Series automatic leveling system was working fine. When I went to level today, I pressed the AIR button, pressed it a second time, but it won't level automatically. Power is present, all fuses checked, manual level (dump and pump) at all four points works fine.

It appears from Part 6 of HWH's troubleshooting guide (http://hwhcorp.com/ml19048.pdf) that I need to replace the Control Box.

I called HWH but they said expect a MINIMUM of one-week before my call will be returned so I can ask questions, confirm the issue, get a quote and order parts. Has anyone had a similar experience who's willing to guide or advise me?

Thanks in advance,

Chris

Butter Ball is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-23-2015, 01:11 PM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
Verify that the E-brake/Parking brake signal from the valve itself is getting to the control box. I have seen this on several coaches and bad connection has been the culprut.

Mike.

zmotorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2015, 01:56 PM   #3

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Dont know if the HWH works the same as the Power Gear/ Valid system in this regard, but I can only run mine in 'auto' mode, with the engine running, or the ignition in the run position. It will power up, and can be operated in 'manual' mode, with the key off, or not in the ignition.
Old 04-23-2015, 02:38 PM   #4

You won't like the price from HWH! But there are salvage yards that have them.

By the way, the previous poster is correct about the emergency brake.
Alphamonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2015, 02:39 PM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by 96 Wideglide View Post
Dont know if the HWH works the same as the Power Gear/ Valid system in this regard, but I can only run mine in 'auto' mode, with the engine running, or the ignition in the run position. It will power up, and can be operated in 'manual' mode, with the key off, or not in the ignition.
My HWH model 600 will operate in manual or automatic mode whether the engine is running or not. One of the reasons I got used to deploying my slides hitting the level button and walking away without ever starting the coach again or even having the key in the ignition.

Mike.
zmotorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2015, 05:28 PM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
In your electrical bay under the drivers seat outside there is a couple fuses for the HWH system. There is also a whole bunch of fuses in the control box on the ceiling of your storage bay. I would check them first.
Old 04-24-2015, 07:22 PM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
Make sure the connector with the ribbon tape is fully seated in the back side of the control pad. They have a tendency to work loose and produce erratic response from control pad.
Coma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2015, 08:23 PM   #8

Monaco Owners Club
My control box is on the way to HWH priority mail right now, tech called me after 2 days but could not troubleshoot , 4-5 days repair time, if they have to replace it is going to be $900 + if not is $80 hr + parts, my issues began at the beginning of an 7800mi trip, we refused to let it slow us down much, we level manually and wasted not much time worrying about it till now that is parked and not much of an inconvenience to have it repaired
Mariooch97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2015, 02:59 PM   #9
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mariooch97 View Post
My control box is on the way to HWH priority mail right now, tech called me after 2 days but could not troubleshoot , 4-5 days repair time, if they have to replace it is going to be $900 + if not is $80 hr + parts, my issues began at the beginning of an 7800mi trip, we refused to let it slow us down much, we level manually and wasted not much time worrying about it till now that is parked and not much of an inconvenience to have it repaired

OUCH! That hurts!

2002 Monaco Windsor 40PBT, 2013 Honda CRV AWD
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2015, 04:00 PM   #10

Monaco Owners Club
I had to send mine in a few years back after a power surge. They were really good to deal with and it came back very quickly and only cost me around $80. I hope you are as lucky.
Old 04-26-2015, 04:02 PM   #11

Monaco Owners Club
From the bottom of our wallet, i hope so too :iagree

Mariooch97 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
hwh, leveling