Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-25-2017, 08:56 AM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
HWH Air Leveling System Service Recommendations

I live in northwestern Pennsylvania, (Mercer County), and I am looking for recommendations for an RV service shop that can service the HWH Air Leveling system. I have had my 2001 Monaco Windsor at Bauer Truck Service and they are not comfortable in diagnosing the system problems.

I called General RV in North Canton Ohio they were recommended by Monaco and they stated that they are an Authorized service center for Monaco.

Well that is only true if you buy your coach from them. The Service Department Rep said, "I am sorry you didn't buy it from us so we can't take you in right now. We need to take care of our loyal customers first."

They have very clearly indicated that they are not interested in and new customers.....

So I am looking for any recommendations on a service center relatively near me to take a look at my Leveling System and repairing it as required.

Thanks Boys and Girls.
rhilton284 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-25-2017, 09:06 AM   #2

Country Coach Owners Club
First thing I would do is write down exactly what you feel is wrong with the system. Then place a call to HWH and talk to a tech. Might not get one right away but they will contact you. Ask where a good shop is also.

If you are going to the FMCA Indianapolis convention, HWH might be there and they will work on systems. Call and ask if they are going.
Old 04-25-2017, 10:53 AM   #3
Commercial Member

kline rv is in mountville pa, near lancaster pa.
its 271 miles from mercer county, but its worth the drive. these guys are a hwh master service center. ive worked with them in the past, and know they do a good job.
azpete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2017, 09:01 AM   #4

Good post from AZPETE. I took my RV in to an "experienced" HWH shop in Virginia Beach and they told me it would cost me $1800 to replace pump, etc. One week later I talked to HWH themselves and I ordered an $80 solenoid that fixed the problem.
herbc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2017, 10:16 AM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
Anybody have experience with Jones RV in Eight Four, Pa?
rhilton284 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2017, 02:06 PM   #6
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by dons2346 View Post
First thing I would do is write down exactly what you feel is wrong with the system. Then place a call to HWH and talk to a tech. Might not get one right away but they will contact you. Ask where a good shop is also.

If you are going to the FMCA Indianapolis convention, HWH might be there and they will work on systems. Call and ask if they are going.

Good advice! Expect to wait at least a week for their return call!
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2017, 12:49 PM   #7
Commercial Member

hwh will be at the indianapolis fmca rally. i will also be there. we plan to be doing limited service work there.
weather, and other circumstances can cause problems with scheduling service.
service is limited to the parts we have on hand, and the type of repair needed.
not all repairs can be accomplished in a rally setting, due to parts needed, the length of time required to do the repair, and access to the problem.
some repairs, especially air leveling systems, require access to a hoist or lift.
in that case, we may offer a diagnosis, and a recommendation of a repair center.
appointment desk opens at noon + or -
for warranty and non warranty repairs.
fred decides that not me.
paul maddox

=
for warranty and non warranty repairs. please note, fred makes the opening time ecisi0on, not me
Old 05-05-2017, 01:02 PM   #8

If you get travel to the mid west, the factory will service you. I was there last summer. Also, I have had faster tech service with email. In the email I include the coach Vin and the Model and Serial # for my HWH system.
Old 05-05-2017, 02:17 PM   #9
Commercial Member

bytheway has it right. a stop by the factory is a great experience. exit 267 on interstate 80 at moscow iowa.
we have 30 and 50 amp plug ins, overnight parking, and great service. you are always welcome to stop in and take a self guided tour thru the factory.
please make an appointment about a week or two in advance most of the time, or as soon as you know your schedule. we get very busy in june, especially july, and august.
winter and early spring, not so much.
an appointment guarantees you will get in for service asap.

Tags
hwh, leveling, service