Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-09-2015, 11:10 AM   #1

HWH air leveling won't dump

Hi folks,

Heavy reader of the forum but a newbie in posting. What a great community resource and I need help!

I've searched high and low in the forum for my problem, but have been unsuccessful. I downloaded the HWH tech manual but it doesn't really address the combination of issues I have, so thought I would throw it to the community for some suggestions!

Issue #1: I have a 2002 Monaco Dynasty, Baroness floor plan, 400 Cummmins, with HWH 600 series air leveling. Auto leveling works good, travel mode engages, and I can manually adjust any bag or whole system UP... but none of the dump (DOWN) features work. Neither individual location dumps or the master dump will exhaust any air from the system. When auto leveling, it does exhaust air as needed. Where should I be looking?

Issue #2: My system apparently has a leak, because in just a day or so, the drivers side of the coach begins to lean down. Passenger side holds good. Is there a place I can look that would affect the whole left side of the vehicle?

Issue #3: Can anyone tell me where the leveling sensor is on this coach?

I am especially urgent to get #1 fixed, but help on any of the above would be sincerely appreciated!

Thanks!

Jon Wyly
Platte City, MO
Maggiedad is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-09-2015, 05:12 PM   #2

I had one side refuse to dump after I had raised the coach up to do some work underneath. Came back the next day it worked correctly. I don't know the System 600, but on mine I have a ride valve for each axle that lets it drop to ride height, and the dump feature works through the exhaust valve (same as used when levelling). Might be a bad switch.

On my coach the controller is on the ceiling of the third bay.

HWH are quite helpful. Suggest you call them. They take about a week to call back on non-urgent stuff, but will reply quickly when you are stuck.
distaff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2015, 07:02 PM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
Leveling sensor is next to control box which is in bay behind curb wheel in the ceiling on my MH. Since exhaust valve works during auto level I would suspect control pad is bad. You might try the ribbon connector on the back of the pad as they have tendency to work loose, with erratic results.
Coma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2015, 06:24 AM   #4
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Mine would not dump and HWH told me the exhaust ports on the manifolds were probably clogged by muddaubers. They were right! I used a small drill bit (in my hand, NOT in a drill motor) that would just go in the hole to clean them out. You will have a manifold in the front and back!
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2015, 07:37 AM   #5

Thanks for the input so far! I have checked the plugged port possibility and they are ll clear, and I have already replaced the control pad with a new one because the old one was worn through on a couple of spots. The functionality is the same with the old pad and the new one, so that seems to take it out of the picture. I have my call in to HWH, but as distaff noted, they said it would be at least a week before I get a callback.

Any other experience to share out there?

Thanks much!
Old 11-10-2015, 08:54 AM   #6

Maggiedad - did you keep the old pad? If so, put it back and try it again.

Just because a part is new doesn't mean it is good.
Old 11-10-2015, 08:59 AM   #7

distaff, yes, I kept the old pad, but it produces the same result as the new one.
Old 11-10-2015, 09:16 AM   #8

Don't know if this will help. I also have the service manual for the 2000 Series - I wrote to Monaco on Thursday and it came today. It has more specific trouble shooting instructions.

I suggest you call or write to them and to HWH and ask for it.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Air Leveling Systems Text Book.pdf (334.9 KB, 138 views)
Old 11-10-2015, 09:19 AM   #9

Paul,

Thanks for you diligence in helping! I was able to get the text book for the 600 series but it just didn't deal with a total loss of the dump functions. Pretty quickly suggested a cure as replace the control box, I'm hoping that's not the solution!
Old 11-10-2015, 09:41 AM   #10

I had to replace the control box for the slide outs, that was expensive.

The problem I have experienced is that no mechanical shop wants to do the diagnosis. It is tedious and time consuming and no customer likes to get a big bill for hours of labour for testing.

You need dry level ground and some blocks to drive it up on, a slider and multimeter, the manual, time and (in my case) reading glasses to get under it and start testing to see what is working/not working.

The service manual I got for the 2000 Series had detailed diagnosis instructions, more so than the Text Book, and much more than the owners manual. Worth asking for.
Old 11-10-2015, 09:47 AM   #11

Thanks for the extra detail, I'll see if I can get the manual. Electrical is not really my cup of tea, but I agree about the inability to get reliable service. I'm not into paying shop hours for someone to poke around and see what they can find. I guess in the long run, the familiarity of the systems will be good knowledge to have. Wish this wasn't happening in winter...I have a nice building with concrete floor, but no heat!
Old 11-10-2015, 11:02 AM   #12

Jon, don't complain to me about winter:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2015-11-09 10.05.14.jpg
Views:	96
Size:	305.2 KB
ID:	111616  
Old 11-10-2015, 11:05 AM   #13

Yes, that is my coach in the background.

12v electricals are not that hard to diagnose. Pony up for a good multi-meter with the ability to record high and low voltages. This is important because you want to be able to put the clips on a lead, then go and try the switch, and come back and see the voltage that was captured when you were not looking.

Reading the diagrams is a bit tedious, but it will save you a lot of testing time.
Old 11-10-2015, 11:06 AM   #14

Ugh! Yeah, I'm being whiney... sunny and 65 here today, but I'm stuck at work! Only time I get with the rig is on weekends, competing with the rest of my chores. We are tearing out for an extensive interior remodel this winter, so lots in store for the old Dynasty.

Tags
hwh, leveling