Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-15-2015, 11:47 PM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
HWH auto air leveling

Hi folks we are having an issue with this. our 99 Monaco Windsor has the HWH auto level air system which works only off the main air supply, I found the aux compressor above the front axle removed it from the coach and found it non operational. I took unit apart cleaned it up cleaned the electric connections and tested it on bench. worked good with an out put of 100 psi. installed it back in the coach, expecting the best. to no avail, coach will auto level on main system only. it is parked inside a shop so it is easily levelled and will stay level until the air system is completely exhausted and bags are totally deflated yet the aux. compressor wont operate. if you shut the system off then hit the air button and any of the up switches the compressor will function. I have checked the plug on the bottom of the control to make sure it is completely plugged in and have cleaned it with electrical cleaner. don't know where to go next have checked HWH trouble shooting site everything seems to check out yet the problem remains. not sure if because it is sitting on a level floor is the reason for it to not work. it is completely out of air and bags are all deflated. I have run out of ideas. maybe some of the good folks here have had a similar issue I will greatly appreciate any and all help. Thanks Bill Bryant
oilcan is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-16-2015, 06:24 AM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
If your leveling panel does not show a yellow light, then the controller will never call for air. The little pump does not keep air system pressure. It only runs enough to level when called for. If the MH leaks down level and the MH is level on the air bag bump stops then the system does not see a need to level.
Coma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2015, 06:24 AM   #3

Hi Bill, the aux compressor will only work if the HWH auto levels and the red leveling LED goes out above the leveling select button. Is yours going out? Also when you leave the mph are you turning off the salesman switch or the batter disconnect? With these off my mh will not continue to level off the aux compressor after the tank pressure drops.

If you manual level then pump the brakes to get the air pressure below 80 psi then push and hold down an UP button do you hear the aux compressor running?

Coma, I have never seen a yellow light when in auto level and my aux compressor keeps my Sig level all the time. Understand what you are saying about leaking down level but I seriously doubt that would ever happen.
Mike Canter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2015, 09:10 AM   #4
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
I'm certainly no expert, but I have always thought the aux compressor was to keep the coach level if or after the air drained down from sitting for an extended period of time????
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2015, 12:38 PM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Canter View Post
Coma, I have never seen a yellow light when in auto level and my aux compressor keeps my Sig level all the time. Understand what you are saying about leaking down level but I seriously doubt that would ever happen.
Hello Mike. The yellow light will come on in between wake ups on my 600 Series. When it wakes up and sees the out of level then it will call for air. If it doesn't level up within a short time, 30 secs IIRC, it will turn on the Aux Pump. I believe you have a 2000 Series which has a different control box.
Old 12-16-2015, 02:17 PM   #6

Coma, I probably get a yellow light also but have never run up there and looked.

Joe, you are a 100% correct. The aux compressor only works to maintain auto level when the air tanks go down below 80 psi
Old 12-16-2015, 07:44 PM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
Hi Mike I will check tomorrow for sure, but I think the little red light stays on continuous, the coach is inside plugged into a continues power supply salesman switch and battery disconnect are both turned on, the one thing I did notice is if you rock the coach sideways while watching the control panel one of the side yellow lights will momentarily light up but will go out as soon as the coach settles. thanks Bill
Old 12-16-2015, 07:57 PM   #8

On my system if the red LED above the level stays on means that the system has not leveled the motorhome and if that is so then the continuing auto leveling and the aux compressor will not be enabled.
Old 12-16-2015, 08:06 PM   #9

Monaco Owners Club
It takes two pushes to enable auto leveling. The red light will pulse in auto level. It is sometime hard to see.

The yellow light while rocking is normal.
Old 12-16-2015, 08:27 PM   #10

Monaco Owners Club
I will hook coach to shop air tomorrow air the system and level the coach will check to see if red light is on or off how would you suggest to level dump the air first then tap the level button twice or just tap the button twice Thanks Bill
Old 12-16-2015, 09:07 PM   #11

I would just tap it twice without dumping the air with the motor running so you get lots of air. Dumping the air first is ok and I do that in West Texas and Arizona because of the winds rocking the motorhome. Rocks it less if you dump it then level.
Old 12-17-2015, 10:57 AM   #12

Monaco Owners Club
Hi Mike hooked coach to shop air ,aired up system turned ign. on lowered one side of coach until yellow light came on tapped level button twice coach leveled all yellow lights off all four red lights on and light over level button on., if you look real close it appears as if the indicator light over the air button has a faint flicker. shut key off all four red corner indicators off ind. light above air button on
Old 12-17-2015, 11:02 AM   #13

A slight flickering red light is good. So now if you only push the auto level button once so you are in manual mode a you pump the brakes to reduce tank pressure down to around 60 psi then select an UP arrow and hold it does the aux pump come on. I can't hear mine from inside the coach and have to have somebody outside to listen for it.
Old 12-19-2015, 10:44 AM   #14

Monaco Owners Club
Hi Mike was busy yesterday with another project. however I did do as you suggested the only thing was I have to shut the system off first. I tried just tapping the air button once then pressed one of the raise buttons only to find that nothing happens. shut auto level system off pressed air button once press any up button and the aux. comp runs and coach rises. it seems as tough you have to shut the auto level system off before being able to manually level is this right or is there maybe another issue? does the system exhaust air from the high side prior to increasing air to the low one? Thanks for your replies and info. it is greatly appreciated Bill

Tags
hwh, leveling