RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-18-2018, 07:05 AM   #1

HWH Auto leveling panel can it be flipped over and still work

I had a thread going on finding the board that has been done. It is in the control box. But the way Beaver installed the control box it is all but impossible to see the 4 lights to adjust the level. They put the box upside down on the roof of the electrical compartment. The adjustment board is facing up 3/4" from the roof of the box there is just no feasible way to see it. If I could flip it upside down with the lights facing down I could. I just do not know if the sensors would still work the same. I have seen a few drawing showing them upside down just not sure this one can be.

It is model AP30368 2000 Series

Nasdaqsam is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-18-2018, 07:25 AM   #2

HWH says no it can not be flipped over. Have to do it the old fashioned way with someone sitting in the coach telling me what the computer is saying. This sounds like fun.

Old 04-18-2018, 07:37 AM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
Can you set a mirror under the box to see the lights?

I have a level readout device (with an app on my smart phone) that tells me when the coach level. This is easier than just using the lights on the HWH/RVA leveling panels (for manual jack or airbag leveling). If you had this, you could just look at your smart phone to determine coach is level while setting the HWH up.

LevelMate Pro https://logicbluetech.com/
and
https://www.amazon.com/LevelMatePRO-.../dp/B01FGGSWPW
CountryB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2018, 07:54 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by CountryB View Post
Can you set a mirror under the box to see the lights?

I have a level readout device (with an app on my smart phone) that tells me when the coach level. This is easier than just using the lights on the HWH/RVA leveling panels (for manual jack or airbag leveling). If you had this, you could just look at your smart phone to determine coach is level while setting the HWH up.

LevelMate Pro https://logicbluetech.com/
and
https://www.amazon.com/LevelMatePRO-.../dp/B01FGGSWPW
That would be an option if I just can not get this set right but I am kind of OCD about things working as they should. lol.

I might be able to use a mirror there's not a lot of room though. I have an auto mirror on a metal rod I would have to tape off all the metal as to not cause a short with all the circuits in there. I will try this.

Thanks
Old 04-19-2018, 07:03 AM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Contact Paul at AZPETE on the Irv2 forum. He works for HWH and can answer your questions. His email is pfmaddox@att.net and his phone number is 602-549-3638. He is a Commercial Member and has posted that his phone is always on, and if not answered, leave a message.

He has helped other on this forum and I am sure he can help you.
Towing 2014 Ford Explorer
veraken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2018, 07:51 AM   #6
Commercial Member

no. it cant be flipped over. there is a part on the circuit board that has liquid in it. if you turn it over, you defeat that function.
ive seen others who have relocated the level sensor to the lower box. that requires making new holes in the side of the box, and extending wires, , but i do not recommend modifying the hwh design. its just easier to have someone watch the touch pad and tell you which way to move the sensor.
azpete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2018, 03:23 PM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
I just attempted to level my HWH 2000 series control box sensor last night. I had sent the control box and the drivers control panel into HWH for service. They said my leveling sensor was bad and replaced it. Our Leveling control box is screwed to the ceiling in the main basement storage bay just between the frame rails.

I also could not see the leveling sensor lights inside the control box. I think they are actually upside down when mounted in the basement and covered by the lower circuit board.

I had to look at the yellow level lights on the drivers control panel, then go outside and slide into basement compartment and guess which adjustment (screw or 1/2" hex) and which direction to turn it. The HWH instructions say if it is LED A or C, then to turn the screw and if it is B or D, then to turn the hex nut. However, there is no correlation as to which LED is which axis. For mine, fore and aft was the screw and left to right was the hex nut. I spent 2 hours running back and forth from the drivers control panel to the basement adjusting the level sensor. I finally got all the lights out.

This is not an exact process because even after you get it once, you can unlevel the coach, then relevel it manually and another light will require adjusting again!

Then after all that, my system will not properly auto level. I tried twice. Finally, I manually leveled it and hit the air button twice for auto level and it stayed level until it woke back up one hour later and then it dumped the rear and right side leaving the coach grossly unlevel.

I have more work to do!
vito.a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2018, 05:11 PM   #8

Monaco Owners Club
Is this the box your talking about?
Mine in mounted on the ceiling of the front electric bay (bay under drivers window).

Is the adjustment somewhere on/in this box?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	HWH control box photo.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	330.4 KB
ID:	199664  
CountryB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2018, 05:22 PM   #9

Monaco Owners Club
Yes, that's the main HWH 2000 leveling control box. If you look on the rear of the box, upper left corner is a black plastic hex nut and phillips screw. The hex nut adjusts left to right, and the screw adjusts front to back leveling.
Picture attached. You can see the 1/2" black hex and screw in the upper left corner. Some of the older leveling units have a larger 7/8" or 3/4" hex and screw. Also, I used a 1/4" box end wrench to adjust the screw instead of a phillips screw driver because I could get a finer adjustment with it.

You must first level it manually (depress the Air button once and then use the arrows on the drivers control panel to adjust it level using a good bubble level) and then look at which yellow Leveling light is on. If a side light is on, adjust the hex, and if a fore or aft light is on, adjust the screw.

Also attached are the directions for adjusting a Monaco Coach HWH 2000 auto level system.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	HWH Rear of control box.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	389.5 KB
ID:	199666  
Attached Files
File Type: pdf HWH 34296 Manual.pdf (332.7 KB, 10 views)
vito.a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2018, 06:50 PM   #10

Finally got it. I spoke to HWH tech he said Monaco was famous for mounting the boxes as they did on mine. I ended up having to remove half the box and use a mirror to see the lights. Again the issue is there is only about 3/4" between the top and the board so a bit difficult tilting the mirror enough to see and not touch the board. The tech told me I had a job ahead of me and he was right. But I got it.

One thing I found was when using auto level was to let it do it's thing and level the coach. When it is done hit stop on the board so it stops trying to level it self (It has a ten minute search it does) then turn the key back on and hit auto level again that gets it really close.

Thanks for all the help.

Tags
hwh, leveling, panel