Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-06-2010, 02:02 PM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
HWH Computerized Leveling - Dead

I just got back from having the Norcold recall done on my fridge at Camping World in Knoxville. When my wife started the rig up to go there the travel light on the HWH rig showed green for travel. Upon getting home after the repair, I noticed that NO lights will light on the control panel and nothing happens when I push them. I checked all the fuses in the fuse bay. Any idea where to start hunting down the fix?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Pat
patmsp is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-06-2010, 03:06 PM   #2
rex

Monaco Owners Club
Yep, the plug on the back of the keypad most likely fell off. That happens a lot. Check it out and see if that is the problem. If not, go to HWH site and download the manual for your system. There are several systems so you may need to look around on their site a bit to find it. If you don't know which system you have, then find the computer control box for the leveling system in your coach. It is about 12L x 8W and 4 to 6H and should be in the top of a basement compartment. On one end you will find a number that starts with AP. That number will help you identify which system you have when on the HWH site.

There are also several fuses in your main fuse bay, plus the computer control box has fuses inside it.

The default or fail safe is to bring the coach to ride height when it is started. A visual check outside should confirm that happens till you get this fixed. I hope it is the cable falling off behind the keypad as that is an easy fix.

2001 Monaco Diplomat 40' PDQ - 08 Honda CR-V
rex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 05:16 PM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
Thanks Rex for the response. I'll check into it and let you know what I came up with.

Pat
Old 04-06-2010, 06:03 PM   #4

Leveling Question

Hey guys since we are on the leveling subject, please let me ask this.
I have not seen the green travel light on my HWH keypad come on and I have tried everything. Should I fill the air bags myself by pressing the air button until I see the green travel light? I have held the air button down for a very long time on several occasions and I'm afraid that I'm gonna blow a bag or two doing this. Is it possible that I can blow a bag by adding air to the suspension and should I do something else to get the green travel light to come on??? thanks ................
DonGott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 09:17 PM   #5
rex

Monaco Owners Club
Don, there are several different type HWH air leveling systems and at least 3 different control panels. On mine there is a Travel Mode button that I press to go to ride height and ONLY that button will bring on the green light. The Air button on mine is to turn the level computer on. Press it once and it is manual mode allowing you to make manual adjustments with the Arrow buttons. Press it twice and it goes into automatic mode and levels the coach.

2001 Monaco Diplomat 40' PDQ - 08 Honda CR-V
rex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 01:16 PM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
Hooray ---- Fixed

Thanks Rex. That was the fix. I pulled the inspection panel off the side near the driver. A cable was hanging down. I pushed it back in and there was two side hangers (very tiny) that helped to keep it in, but they were loose. On closer inspection the cable that came unplugged had a long lead underneath that had been wrapped up. It was a lot of weight that was being supported by the plug. I took a tie wrap and got it supported and out of the way. Hopefully it won't happen again.

Thanks again for the advice.

I owe you one.

Pat