Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-11-2012, 12:48 AM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
HWH leveling system problem

I would appreciate some help troubleshooting a series 2000 HWH leveling system on an 04 Windsor. Left rear would not lower except when I used the auto level function (hit the button twice and let it do its thing). I have a guide which tells what leds should light, no 5 and 6 red and yellow for lowering the rear; they both light. I tried lowering by lowering the left side and by lowering the rear. Neither works. I Tried dumping, and all but the left rear purged (and torqued the frame). I was going to try swapping the left and right relays, but they're very tight and I decided not to risk cracking the circuit board until I can get some feedback. Oh by the way, it goes to ride height ok when I go to travel mode. Do all the different modes use the same purge valve?
late starter is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-11-2012, 08:57 AM   #2
rex

Monaco Owners Club
Roger, I suspect you are a victim of dirt daubers. They love the exhaust ports on the air manifolds. You will have an air manifold on the front and rear of your coach. Each will have two air exhaust ports and they are clearly marked. These ports look to be about 3/8" and the dirt daubers love them.

If you are lucky, you can take a Phillips screw driver and clean the port out. If you are unlucky, the dirt dauber will have plugged it at the very bottom and that is much harder to clean. You will need an ice-pick. The hole is cone shaped at the bottom and goes into about a 1/8" hole.

If you cannot get it clean, the valve on the back side will have to be removed in order to get the dirt out. There is an O ring that may have to be replaced when you re-install the valve. The valve screws in.

I made covers using one inch square aluminum tube. I made one cover for each manifold which covered both ports. These were attached with 3M Trim Tape available at most auto body shops. You only need about 7-inches of it. The pictures below are for an HWH 600 series air leveling system.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF0390.jpg
Views:	445
Size:	228.2 KB
ID:	18732   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF2108.jpg
Views:	169
Size:	302.7 KB
ID:	18733  

2001 Monaco Diplomat 40' PDQ - 08 Honda CR-V
rex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 10:28 AM   #3
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rex View Post
Roger, I suspect you are a victim of dirt daubers. They love the exhaust ports on the air manifolds. You will have an air manifold on the front and rear of your coach. Each will have two air exhaust ports and they are clearly marked. These ports look to be about 3/8" and the dirt daubers love them.

If you are lucky, you can take a Phillips screw driver and clean the port out. If you are unlucky, the dirt dauber will have plugged it at the very bottom and that is much harder to clean. You will need an ice-pick. The hole is cone shaped at the bottom and goes into about a 1/8" hole.

If you cannot get it clean, the valve on the back side will have to be removed in order to get the dirt out. There is an O ring that may have to be replaced when you re-install the valve. The valve screws in.

I made covers using one inch square aluminum tube. I made one cover for each manifold which covered both ports. These were attached with 3M Trim Tape available at most auto body shops. You only need about 7-inches of it. The pictures below are for an HWH 600 series air leveling system.
Rex, don't mean to hijack the thread, but I have a problem with my HWH leveling system too. Do you happen to know where the leveling sensors would be located on my 2002 Monaco Windsor 40PBT? The HWH tech guy says it will be above one of the cargo bays, but they are closed above and I don't want to remove the wrong one. Thanks!
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 01:24 PM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
On my coach the control box is located in the upper side of the second storage bay. It is about 10" by 16" 4 thick, aluminum box. I think the sensors are under the coach at the same location as the valves etc. The control box has a bunch of fuses in it for all the different functions so I would check them. If the fuse is blown for the one corner it may indicate it is a wiring problem. Good luck.
Old 03-11-2012, 02:29 PM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
Joe on our 2000 dyn the control box is in the celiing of the front bay passenger side, their was a little trap doer cut in the celling material, have a good look in the celling of both front bays and look for a cut out.
walt2137 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 08:45 PM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
I switched the solenoid coils from the left rear and right rear lower valves, and the problem moved to the right rear side. I ordered a new valve and coil assembly from HWH today; about $100.00. I could have bought only the coil for half that, but now I'll have a spare valve. I checked with HWH about a replacement relay, but the salesperson said The only way to get a new relay is to return the whole control box to them for testing/repair. Hmmm!

Joe, If you haven't got an answer for your question, this might help: the level sensor on my coach is in my control box which is located in the second bay ceiling, curbside. It has four yellow leds. It is adjusted from the side (outside) of the box. There's an offset hex nut (about 9/19) for side-to side and a screw right above the nut for front to rear adjustment. I was told by a technician to adjust side to side first. The procedure was as follows: Place a bubble level wherever you want to make your reference (he recommended the freezer compartment floor). Level the coach so the bubble is centered there, ignoring what the lights say. Then make side to side sensor adjustments till the side lights go out. Then adjust the sensor front to rear until those lights go out. (I was told it should require very little movement. If it requires more than about 1/10 turn, there may be a problem with the control module.) Try un-leveling and re-leveling the motorhome until you're satisfied with the results. It may or may not apply to you coach.

To all who replied, Thanks!!!
late starter is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
hwh, leveling