Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-27-2014, 09:56 AM   #1

HWH Slideout questions

Here is my problem. The bedroom passenger side slide sometimes takes a few times to work. Many times it extends on the first try, other times I have to come back after pushing the switch for 30 or more seconds. Same thing with retraction. I had it in a shop that didn't get to diagnose it much. They did call and speak to HWH and Monaco tech with no help. HWH told them Monaco did not buy any kits for that year just pieced together parts they had. I needed the coach for a short trip so picked it up without a fix. I was messing around with the main unit the other day figuring which solenoids worked what slide out and was able to identify them. Now for the weird problem. I unplugged the solenoids from the front driver slide and reversed the plugins with the bedroom slide. They now work both work as they should except you control the front slide from the bedroom switch and the bedroom from the front slide switch. If I reverse them back I get the same problem in the bedroom. Can any of you figure out what might be my problem? Fluid level is ok so it isn't that
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-27-2014, 10:25 AM   #2

Winnebago Owners Club
Sounds good to me. Move on.
Old 08-27-2014, 02:26 PM   #3

Not sure what to make of your response except if you don't have anything to contribute to fixing a problem why would you post on this thread.
Old 08-29-2014, 07:54 AM   #4
Commercial Member

check the tags on the wiring harness. they are marked "cyl 1 extend: and "cylinder one retract". the second room is marked cyl 2 extend and so forth. the rooms are numbered one, two three and four, starting behind the drivers seat as "1", then drivers side rear is two. if no room there go on around the coach to pass side rear.
it may be that the wires were switched before. just a thought. its either in the harness or the switches, since the solenoids open when powered up. even if not in the right sequence. the room service manual for the year before or after will be the same for the rooms.
azpete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2014, 03:38 PM   #5

Azpete Maybe you misunderstood. I know which solenoids work what slides. I was having a problem with my bedroom slide going in and out in a timely manner. Sometimes I would have to keep coming back and trying as I would engage the switch for 20 or 30 seconds with no movement either way. I switched the wires from the bedroom and the living room driver side slide and they both work as the should. Only problem was driver slide works from bedroom switch and bedroom from driver side switch. I am trying to figure why it won't work right when I put the solenoids back to the proper switch. Seems I should have had the same problem with the living driver side slide when I hooked the bedroom switch to the driver side solenoids. So I know the solenoids both work and the bedroom switch works on the driver side solenoids so I am at wits end as to what maybe causing the bedroom switch to not work the bedroom solenoids on the first try as it does when hooked to the driver slide solenoids. Hope this clears up my problem a little better
Old 08-29-2014, 05:45 PM   #6
Commercial Member

spider, did anyone work on this unit lately? maybe the plugs on the harness, or the control box may have been switched.
there should be a wiring diagram that shows which plug on the control box is for which room. did someone work on the hwh system? theres a lot of possibilities.
call me at 602-549-3638, with your vin and year of coach. maybe i can locate a wiring diagram. also if you could get the AP number off the control box, it would help.
im on my way to oklahoma, but i wlll have time over the weekend to do some research for you. . paul maddox
azpete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2014, 04:54 AM   #7

What model slide out controller is it?
Have you checked with your meter right there at the control (from the switch control heading into the HWH control box) when this situation is occurring?

The only logical thing would be a resistance/ohm difference from one switch and harness to the other. It is possible the the problematic input needs/wants/sees more/less resistance as compared to the other switch.

Tags
hwh, slide, slideout