Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-12-2012, 02:16 PM   #1

Hydralift

Dear all

I posted some time ago that I was looking for a Hydralift carrier to put on my Monaco Cayman 36 PDQ. I made contact with now Monaco RV who's technical department informed me that "It will eat it".
Well I. Have managed to purchase a secondhand unit and after putting the coach on the weigh bridge to check weights it would seem that I will be over the weight of the rear axle with the lift and bike fitted. (Currently shown at 7711kgs).
I wanted to find out if I could update the carrying weight sufficiently having added the new type trailing arms and an increase in tyre pressures but Monaco informed me that they did not build the coach it was built by Monaco coach and they were called Monaco RV. So Monaco directed me to a company called Dana who made the axles for the Roadmaster chassis, their view was that the axle fitted to this chassis was rated at 6500kgs. To date Monaco have not been able to comment on my observations.

My question is therefore Has anyone fitted a Hydralift to this model of coach?

Yours Hopefully

Arthur UK
Arthur UK is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-12-2012, 03:45 PM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Here's place to get information.

Owner Support - Hydralift-USA

Drifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 04:17 PM   #3

Send a message via AIM to JohnFreyja Send a message via MSN to JohnFreyja
Arthur,

I have a Country Coach Inspire and my rear axle weight max. is 20,000 LBS and with my Harley on the Hydralift I am nearly a thousand pounds over weight but it drives just fine and there are no issues (as long as I don't get stopped by Law Enforcement). If I figured correctly your 7711 Kg's would be about 17,000 LBS so I would think you would be considerably over.
JohnFreyja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 04:46 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drifter
Here's place to get information.

Owner Support - Hydralift-USA
Tried that but no reply............twice
Old 10-12-2012, 04:49 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnFreyja
Arthur,

I have a Country Coach Inspire and my rear axle weight max. is 20,000 LBS and with my Harley on the Hydralift I am nearly a thousand pounds over weight but it drives just fine and there are no issues (as long as I don't get stopped by Law Enforcement). If I figured correctly your 7711 Kg's would be about 17,000 LBS so I would think you would be considerably over.
Not so much the issue but the axle manufacturer is suggesting that the axle weight limit is far lower than that of the posted weight on the coach ........ Bit of a mine field.

Arthur