Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-06-2012, 09:02 AM   #1

Hydraulic Levelers Inop

2008 Cayman PDQ with Power Gear hydraulic levelers. Parked in a remote area. Tried to use the auto levelling feature but apparently the front end was too high and the rear jacks could not extend far enough to get front-to-back level. Pump made a high-pitch sound and I shut the system down. The right jack was at the end of its travel. I retracted all jacks and they came up as usual.

When I tried to use the system again jacks will not deploy automatically or manually. I have power to the control panel and have checked the fuses. Since the jacks retracted okay I think the controls are okay.

Have I burned up the pump motor? Is there a circuit breaker that I'm missing?

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Hooter G
Hooter G is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-06-2012, 11:21 AM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
your setup should be the same as mine. the pump and reservior will be behind the "grilled door" right behind the left rear wheel.

there is a horizontal reservior, a motor, a large solenoid, and a fluid manifold with 3 or 4 solenoid operated valves on it.

I'd start by putting the system in manual, and having someone hit some jack buttons while I had my head in there listening to the solenoids.

Any button pushed should energizes the big solenoid and turn on the motor.
Also, the appropriate fluid valve should go. u probably can't hear these.

possible the fuse for the motor solenoid blew, it will be in the front drivers bay.
I'm not sure about a fuse for the motor itself. The pace arrow I had to rebuild the jacks on didn't have one, wired straight from the chassis battery to the solenoid to the motor. I haven't looked on the knight, jacks always worked good (knock on wood)
JimM68 is offline   Reply With Quote