Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-18-2017, 10:14 AM   #15

Thanks for all the info everyone. This is exactly the kind of things that will get me started!

I was wanting to go and look over the rv yesterday, but it was raining, so I decided to wait. Hopefully I will get a little time this weekend to see if I can at least get closer to finding out what the problem is.

I did take the time to call Monaco and they sent me a copy of the owners manual. In it, I found a picture of the controls. It is an RVA System like Radacravitz said.

Click image for larger version

Name:	97 Dynasty Automatic Leveler Controls.jpg
Views:	134
Size:	84.2 KB
ID:	173430
I also copied this picture from it that shows the reservoir and I am assuming that it is connected to the pump. Does anyone know if I am correct?

Name:	97 Dynasty Leveling Jacks Reservoir.jpg
Views:	95
Size:	133.4 KB
ID:	173431
What it did not say was where it was located. Radacravitz, you said it was up front. Could it be in the front next to the generator?

Again, thanks for all the suggestions and I will keep everyone posted as I look towards getting these running again.
8thDegree is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-18-2017, 12:47 PM   #16

Monaco Owners Club
Ok. I have the same system. It works in the accessory mode. The green light should light up. If not. You have no power. Check your fuse.
If it does light up. Lower the front jack at least one inch. You may not hear the pump. But you will feel the rig going up.
Then do the rear Be careful not to bring the rear off the ground. If the site is way off I'll put the rig on boards. U can usually correct the slope no more than 6 inches front to back.
Gorlininc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2017, 01:17 PM   #17

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8thDegree View Post
Thanks for all the info everyone. This is exactly the kind of things that will get me started!
I did take the time to call Monaco and they sent me a copy of the owners manual. In it, I found a picture of the controls. It is an RVA System like Radacravitz said.

Attachment 173430
I also copied this picture from it that shows the reservoir and I am assuming that it is connected to the pump. Does anyone know if I am correct?

Attachment 173431
What it did not say was where it was located. Radacravitz, you said it was up front. Could it be in the front next to the generator?

Again, thanks for all the suggestions and I will keep everyone posted as I look towards getting these running again.
glad to hear you're making progress and that several of us had the ACC position thing correct. vito identified the brand and location of the tank and i'm sorry, but i'm a noob on these, too, so maybe vito or another knowledgable person will lean in again.

hope it works as advertised for you ... let us know how things go!
Radacravitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2017, 06:00 PM   #18

Good News/Bad News

The good news is that I went to the motorhome today to do some work. One of the big items on my list was the leveling jacks. I did what 44Tonner suggested (removing cup holder and making sure wires are tight on control switch) before I tried to engage them. Then put the key in the ignition on turned it acc. From there I switched the front jack first (like everyone told me) and heard the pump working! Hooray.

The bad news is that when I got to the motorhome someone called about a car I had listed for sale. We arranged to meet but then I was in a big hurry - so that is all I accomplished.

I will have to wait until next week to see if my problems are solved. I did not have a chance to run the generator out to see if the pump is located up there.

Keep your fingers crossed for me and I will keep everyone posted on what I find.
Old 08-21-2017, 04:16 AM   #19

Monaco Owners Club
good to hear they're operational ... wrt to time spent, good news -- you get to visit your coach again ;-)
Old 08-21-2017, 08:16 AM   #20
Moderator Emeritus

Monaco Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
RVA has troubleshooting procedures on their website.
Old 08-24-2017, 01:14 PM   #21

Still a Bit Confused

So I spent some time today looking over the leveling jacks and am still confused. First of all, I found the pump and the reservoir (I think) which is located behind the front of the coach accessible when the generator is pushed out. I saw a bit of hydraulic fluid on it and cleaned them up but then things interesting.

I put the key on acc and turned the power to the jacks on. Then I pushed the front jack lower button. After a few seconds a buzzer sounded. When I got out of the coach and looked, my front jack had lowered about 6 inches. I stopped at that point and after reading the owners manual it said to add dexron (hope I spelled it correctly) transmission fluid until the buzzer stops (it said one jack needs to be lowered 6 inches).

I had some transmission fluid in my truck, but it was dexron III. I believe it said it work work for all dexron II and III, however it did not say anything about plain dexron.

Also, after looking at the picture in the owners manual, I started questioning if I was going to put it in the correct reservoir. Here is the picture from my owners manual.

Name:	97 Dynasty Leveling Jacks Pump.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	139.2 KB
ID:	174292

As you can see, there is another reservoir just underneath the one I assume is the pump. This is what they look like to me.

Name:	IMG_0938.jpg
Views:	65
Size:	214.6 KB
ID:	174293
Here you can see the other reservoir that looks to have hydraulic lines attached.

Name:	IMG_0941.jpg
Views:	81
Size:	146.5 KB
ID:	174294
I believe this is the leveling reservoir attached to the pump

Name:	IMG_0942.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	155.6 KB
ID:	174295
I believe these are the individual solenoids that control each jack's movements.

At that point it started raining hard, so I packed up and came back home (coach is in storage). I did take the time to look over the RVA website and it has a lot of good information, but I need more.

I think the reseroir in the first picture labeled #1 is correct, but if that is true, what is #2? Also, someone please tell me if dexron II or III fluid is ok to use.

Thanks again for everyone's assistance!
Old 08-24-2017, 01:36 PM   #22

Gulf Streamers Club
The original Dexron used whale sperm oil as an additive. Dexron II had corrosion inhibitors added that made it hygroscopic. (absorbed water) Dexron III also had issues. They are now filling new transmissions with Dexron VI.

Regardless of the number, you're using it as a hydraulic fluid to pump up pistons, not an automatic transmission subject to heat and constant circulation. Fill it up with what you've got, it will be fine.

Bob & Donna
'98 Gulf Stream Sun Voyager DP being pushed by a '00 Beetle TDI
BFlinn181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2017, 05:28 AM   #23

Is your gen set on a slide? The second reservoir could be for the hydraulic pump that operates that slide.

Dick L '04 Imperial
RCLImperial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2017, 06:07 AM   #24

Monaco Owners Club
Not sure what state your coach is in, but check and add fluid only if the slides are in and the jacks are up, otherwise you will overfill it and cause over pressure issues.
Old 08-25-2017, 06:15 AM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnBoyToo View Post
Not sure what state your coach is in, but check and add fluid only if the slides are in and the jacks are up, otherwise you will overfill it and cause over pressure issues.
The only thing that will get "over pressured" is the tank when it overflows.
aether_one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2017, 12:06 PM   #26

Thanks for the info everyone.

Good to find out more than I ever wanted to know about dexron transmission fluid!!

My generator is on a slide. I never thought about it being hydraulic so I will have to check that one as well.

Will hopefully be heading back this weekend to put transmission fluid in and see if this cures the noise in the cockpit and that all levelers extend and retract.

I will keep everyone posted!
Old 09-07-2017, 12:48 PM   #27

Follow Up

Just wanted to let everyone know that my leveling jacks are now fully operational! I added a bit of transmission fluid and the electronic bell alarm turned itself off. We took the coach out this past weekend and other than trying to figure out the 3 jack system (my first coach had a 4 jack system), they worked flawlessly.

I think the beginning of my problems was that the switches had come loose from the wire connectors causing the whole thing not to work. Once I put them back on tight, the pump immediately started working.

Thanks again to everyone for all their help. I really appreciate it!
Old 09-08-2017, 03:55 PM   #28

Monaco Owners Club
great news, congrats!

Tags
hydraulic, jacks, leveling, leveling jacks