RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-14-2014, 01:44 PM   #1

Hydro-Hot Problems

Ok I'm embarrassed. I can't figure out why my control panel lights won't light up for my Hydro-Hot. I just used it last night. Drove 4 hrs today. Stopped and pugged in to 50 amp. I have electricity in the coach. no lights on my control panel at the switch or at the main panel down by the tank. I flipped the circuit breaker off and back on. It was OK and not tripped.

I have an Xantrax 2000 watt inverter. Yellow light flashing on the invertor indicating bulk charge.

My transfer switch is working. 50 amp, generator, or inverter lights won't come on.

Three zone are set to call for heat but not lights on the main control panel dow below.

I feel stupid. What am I missing?
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-14-2014, 01:50 PM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
Check the two breakers on the inverter. Just a pock in the dark.

LEN
Old 01-14-2014, 02:02 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Kueck View Post
Ok I'm embarrassed. I can't figure out why my control panel lights won't light up for my Hydro-Hot. I just used it last night. Drove 4 hrs today. Stopped and pugged in to 50 amp. I have electricity in the coach. no lights on my control panel at the switch or at the main panel down by the tank. I flipped the circuit breaker off and back on. It was OK and not tripped. I have an Xantrax 2000 watt inverter. Yellow light flashing on the invertor indicating bulk charge. My transfer switch is working. 50 amp, generator, or inverter lights won't come on. Three zone are set to call for heat but not lights on the main control panel dow below. I feel stupid. What am I missing?
Everything on the HH works on 12 VDC except for the electric heating element. Check your 12 volt fuse box or perhaps a fuse block on the HH it's self.
Steve Ownby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 03:43 PM   #4

I checked the inverter again. It has one white reset button. It is not tripped. Where would I look for a 12 volt fuse? In the front left compartment of the coach? Didn't know there might be one of them? I'm frustrated. I appreciate you guys responding.
Old 01-14-2014, 04:41 PM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
Completely different coach than yours, but ours (07 Camelot) has a circuit breaker for the AquaHot in place of a fuse -- William Willard
William Willard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 06:02 PM   #6

Greg in the coach below the control for the zones there is an on off switch is it on? Are all the zones set for heat? On the panel next to the hydra hot box there is a hole with reset printed under it. Use a paper clip or long skinny screw driver and push the reset. On our coach there is a breaker for the hydra hot but I think it's just for the AC side. Hope this helps.
CHCam42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 06:10 PM   #7

Fleetwood Owners Club
When I had my HR, I had to reset the wall thermostat. I don't have the sequence, but I do recall having to do it more than once. Ours had the four button model
sparkydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 06:13 PM   #8

Greg, on the Main Panel down by the tank is a RESET hole. It takes something long and thin like a paperclip or a toothpick to go through that hole and hit the little button. I prefer a toothpick because it can't short anything out. Put it through that small hole and reset the system and I bet you will be good to go. This is a very common problem on the earlier models.
Mike Canter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 06:19 PM   #9

Monaco Owners Club
The breaker I refered to is 12v -- On our Camelot, it`s in the curb side, rear bay -- It`s about a half X one & a half inch in size -- Heavy red wire on top coming from battery & bottom one going to the Aqua Hot -- William Willard
William Willard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 12:05 AM   #10

Thanks for the responses. I'm in Tulsa Oklahoma at the Chili Bowl Sprint Car Midget Nationals. So I haven't been able to do anything on it this evening.

I have all the thermostats "on" with the temp set to call for heat. When I turn on the diesel switch it has no light. I have gone down below to the Hydro-Hot and have reset the little switch with a tooth pick. I can feel it when I am on the little button. Problem is there are no lights on the panel. I'm pretty confident I'm not getting any power to the diesel switch or the Hydro-Hot panel in the basement area. I have flipped the Hydro-Hot breaker a number of times. No luck. I have looked at all my 12 volt fuses and haven't located any that say Hydro-Hot. there are some fuses listed as "reserve". They seem to be good fuses.

Tomorrow I will take my test meter and see if I am getting power to the diesel switch and also inside the Hydro-Hot below.

Thanks so much for everyones help. I'll let you know what I find tomorrow.
Old 01-15-2014, 03:47 PM   #11

Found the problem. I took off the control panel cover and saw where the two wire connector came unplug. So simple. As soon as I plugged it back in Lights on the control came on. I turned on the diesel switch, made sure thermostats were on and it fired right up working perfectly. Thanks for everyone's help.