Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-23-2020, 06:00 PM   #1

I am in need of the 120v schematics for my 2005 Monaco Diplomat PDQ 40

I am in desperate need of the electrical schematics for my 2005 Monaco Diplomat PDQ 40'
I've tripped the breaker for the refrigerator and it won't reset. I tried installing a new breaker but it wont reset. The circuit is grounded out. I need to chase the wire down.
Cuttermanbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-23-2020, 06:32 PM   #2

Welcome to iRV2

Sorry your first post is about problems .

Have you tried resetting the C/B with the fridge 120 plug disconnected ?
You didn't mention this so I though I'd ask , as a control board failure is possible , even the 120 volt heaters.
Old 03-23-2020, 08:13 PM   #3
YC1

Welcome to the forum:

Have you unplugged the refer to see if it will stop tripping?

YC1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2020, 10:51 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by YC1 View Post
Welcome to the forum:

Have you unplugged the refer to see if it will stop tripping?
Yes i have.i dont have the refrigerator plugged in and it still trips
Cuttermanbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2020, 08:56 AM   #5
YC1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuttermanbob View Post
Yes i have.i dont have the refrigerator plugged in and it still trips
Sorry to ask such questions but have you unplugged the ice maker as well?

Perhaps be sure the water heater is NOT on 110 volts, that is turned off or to propane only?

Sometimes the refer circuit passes through an inverter/converter. That is they run inline like you would connect one water hose to the next but put a sprinkler inline somewhere.

The inverter/converter could have a short. Mostly the AC passes through when the thing is off and a short would be a bit unusual versus an open which would not cause a breaker to trip.

YC1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2020, 08:32 PM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
On my 04 Safari the wiring diagram shows that the reefer receptacle is the only one on the reefer CB. The ice maker receptacle is on the inverter circuit along with many other outlets. Suggest that (after ensuring the cb is off) open up the recept box and visually check for shorted/burned wires. If your refer is in a slideout would also look under it and check that there ar no cut or damaged wires there, I have had the AC wire get caught in the mechanism. If still no luck let me know and I will see if I can scan my wiring diagram to send you.
flwandrin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2020, 12:33 AM   #7

I have all the wiring diagram for my 2005 monaco dynasty let me know I will send what ever you need
Bossmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2020, 07:46 AM   #8

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
I am in desperate need of the electrical schematics for my 2005 Monaco Diplomat PDQ 40'
I've tripped the breaker for the refrigerator and it won't reset. I tried installing a new breaker but it wont reset. The circuit is grounded out. I need to chase the wire down.
Since you have installed a new circuit breaker you know how to remove both wires from the output of the circuit breaker. On our 2006 Diplomat the circuit breaker in the main AC distribution panel is dedicated to the refrigerator so there should not be anything else on the circuit including the inverter. The ice maker has a dedicated duplex outlet behind the frig that does come from the inverter. Remove both wires coming out of the circuit breaker and test them with an ohm meter to maker sure they are not shorted together or have a low resistance between them. Also test the black wire's resistance to the green wire ground in the distribution panel. If you find a low resistance path to ground from the black wire or a low resistance between the black and white wires with the frig unplugged then the next step is to take apart the duplex outlet behind the frig and test for wires touching each other or ground. It is not likely that a problem has occurred along the length of the wire but it is possible. If you don't find a problem at the duplex outlet then your task is considerably more difficult. The best solution would be to run a new romex cable.

If you have an absorption frig then run it on propane as a temporary fix. If you have a residential frig then plug it into the inverter outlet with the ice maker. We took out our absorption frig and replaced it with a residential and it is plugged into the inverter and has been for almost 8 years.

Bob
nodine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2020, 09:57 AM   #9

Monaco Owners Club
Northwest RV Supply has a wiring diagram for your coach:
WIRE DIAGRAM: MONACO COACH 2005 DIPLOMAT: nwrvsupply.com
vito.a is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2020, 02:26 PM   #10

Quote:

DITTO I need to trace down some 120 v ghosts in our 2005 Holiday Rambler Ambasador electrical like not being able to run Microwave on inverter or the 8K generator but it works on Shore power
Tom48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2020, 03:11 AM   #11

Info on 120 power to the refrigerator l

Did you get the info you where looking for if not is your refrigerator in the slide out my monaco book tells me that under the sink there is a j box this is under the bottom cabnet the cabnet bottom comes out hope this helps you can call me I will send what I have for my dynasty it might be close to what you have 360 601 5061
Old 03-28-2020, 03:13 AM   #12

360 601 5061

Tags
monaco, monaco diplomat, schematics