Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-27-2021, 02:51 PM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
I double dog dare you to find 6.5" ID intake hose.

My intake hose from the stove pipe thingy to the input of my air filter is shredded. I've searched high and low using google, amazon, etc. The hose has a wire helix so it has to be pretty much exact. Eventually, if I don't find the right one I'll use 7" and make or buy reducers.

I bit the bullet and ordered a very expensive (OEM supposedly) hose from Veurinks and it doesn't fit. That was $33 dollars a foot plus expensive shipping.

I need a hose about 6' long, 6.5"ID hose with wire helix. The stove pipe coming from the intake vent/box in the rear corner is about 6.25" from what I can tell.
okcnewbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-27-2021, 03:04 PM   #2

https://www.mcmaster.com/hose/duct-h...umes/id~6-1-2/

There ya go
Old 07-27-2021, 03:37 PM   #3

McMaster-Carr is what all hardware stores strive to be!
Hurricane-TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2021, 04:15 AM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
Thanks. Way to come to the rescue Ramsey. See what I did there.....lol.
I also got a PM that someone has some left over hose. I'll update when I'm finished with job..

Thanks again.
Old 07-28-2021, 07:47 AM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
Think you need to send him a Daisy Red Ryder...or kiss the flagpole this Christmas.
Twomed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2021, 10:23 PM   #6

McMaster Carr has been my go to for over 20 years now. Anytime I can't find something, I go to them. I used to have an actual paper catalog for them, I want to say it's something like 3000 pages, and always get my shipment 2nd day. They are truly an amazing supply house. Look around their website, they have crap you didn't know you needed, until now ....... hahha
Old 07-29-2021, 06:54 AM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twomed View Post
Think you need to send him a Daisy Red Ryder...or kiss the flagpole this Christmas.
I wouldn't want him to " Shoot his eye out". Hard enough to drive these things. Take away depth perception it would be impossible.
Old 07-29-2021, 11:16 AM   #8

We use a ton of spiral wound duct. For fume extraction and to flow/proces our product. Sometime you still have to stretch it by hand. You do have to be strong to do so . An extra 1/8" in circumference right at end right after stretching , can save hour/s of fighting it.

MC Master Carr is amazing. You can/ I have learn/ed a ton about a lot of industrial terms, equipment, products , how and why's of so many things if you read sections/descriptions in the catalog.
I used to just thumb trough it and read and find solutions/products to make problems go away in plant. Need safety railings here you go ...tons of options. Pre-made safety cage ladder here you go. Safety gate bam. So on and so on.
153stars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2021, 11:49 AM   #9

Never heard of them, great information, thanks for the info.
Outbound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2021, 06:31 AM   #10

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by RescueRamsey View Post
Thanks my hose came in already and seems to be the exact specs other than being a little stiffer. Without being able to bend this one sideways a little I may have to take out the radiator overflow tank just to get this in there. Nothing is ever easy.

Thanks for the Mc-master link though.
Old 07-30-2021, 03:05 PM   #11

Monaco Owners Club
So did you get the silicon or the neoprene?

I make monthly payments to someone’s retirement fund there! Lol!
jdw1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2021, 09:59 AM   #12

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdw1 View Post
So did you get the silicon or the neoprene?

I make monthly payments to someone’s retirement fund there! Lol!
I bought the black Neoprene and it's installed and ready to go. I love when another project is finished. Thanks guys.
Old 08-03-2021, 04:29 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by okcnewbie View Post
My intake hose from the stove pipe thingy to the input of my air filter is shredded. I've searched high and low using google, amazon, etc. The hose has a wire helix so it has to be pretty much exact. Eventually, if I don't find the right one I'll use 7" and make or buy reducers.

I bit the bullet and ordered a very expensive (OEM supposedly) hose from Veurinks and it doesn't fit. That was $33 dollars a foot plus expensive shipping.

I need a hose about 6' long, 6.5"ID hose with wire helix. The stove pipe coming from the intake vent/box in the rear corner is about 6.25" from what I can tell.
reducing back pressure is an easy thing to do with obvious performance results. I had a 525 ISX in a 07 Executive i did the following changes to the intake and exhaust components. I replaced the OEM air cleaner with one from AFE, which had a washable filter element and more CFM capacity, same micron spec. Next i replaced ALL the pleated intake hose with rubber fittings and aluminum tubing from intakehoses.com. That's what truckers use. Got rid of all the air friction in the intake. Next was a resonator to replace the muffler from dynaflexproducts.com. Largest MFG. of class 8 truck exhaust components in the U S A. Did not like that so i went straight pipe. . Here is a picture of the results on a screen shot of my Aladdin system. Performance was great and my average CRUISING MPG went up. I cruised at 1350-1400 RPM, 61-62 MPH.
saks1672 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2021, 06:37 PM   #14
YC1

Just replaced mine today thanks to this thread. I was changing my air filter and noticed tiny pin holes in the bottom of the old hose.

The new one is nice and went on easily on the top side. It fit snugly and the clamp was easy to tighten.

The bottom was a bit strange. The air cleaner input seems to be about 1/4 inch narrower than the top stub. It took some serious tightening to get it to hold.

I may remove it and shorten the hose a bit. I bought 7 feet which seems to be almost a foot too long. It all fits ok but after reading about the intake restriction/friction maybe it should be a shortened.

YC1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dog, hose