RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-07-2020, 08:30 PM   #1
Fro

Monaco Owners Club
I got a mess with my wiring..

my switch plates are all broken and looked awful. Sooo, I am making new ones. I was real careful to note the wires and their positions. But I got called away and had a brain fart. No pictures, no notes... my bad. I am asking Monaco Diplomat, HR, Safari owners (comparable models) to pop off their passenger switches,.. let me know where the wires go please??

switch positions 7 & 8 are correct, and the map light switch wiring is correct. The other switches not so much. attached is a drawing of the back of the 4 switches.. some wires are double wired hot and neutral. IF someone would note the wires for me and pm me, I would be real appreciative.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	passenger panel switches.jpg
Views:	5
Size:	229.9 KB
ID:	303856   Click image for larger version

Name:	passenger switches.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	252.6 KB
ID:	303857  

Click image for larger version

Name:	driver right side.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	299.1 KB
ID:	303858  
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-07-2020, 08:48 PM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
Hopefully someone with a comparable model can chime in, although even coaches of the same year and model can tend to have different wiring and options.

That being said, the Carling rocker switches have a number printed on the side of the body that defines all the characteristics of the switch, including what each terminal is. Knowing what the terminals are, might help to work backwards to figure out the wiring.

I’ve been doing some wiring with rocker switches lately, and if I recall for the standard V1D1 single pole switch, typically terminal 8 is the negative, and terminal 7 is for the independent backlight. Terminal 3 is common (+) in and 1 and 5 are (+) out.

Here is the Carling Data Sheet that breaks down all the digits in the part number for the Contura II & III switches, along with wiring diagrams: https://www.carlingtech.com/sites/de..._datasheet.pdf

All the best with your project!
Josh
Our 2001 Signature Repairs & Upgrades Thread
JJTL is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2020, 09:47 PM   #3

Like was said once you find/eliminate the backlight wires and their grounds that drops your mess up in half. You could then remove all those fuses and power individually with key on if accessory power up one at a time look for 12v. Safer version.. Test all non lights wires first look make note any resistance. Then you could also make up wire and spade alligator clip and resistor with like 750 ohm resistor if its out of range with those resistances. Remove fuses. Put male spade in fused side of fuse holder, ground the wire plus resistor. Look for 750ish ohm on wires to ground. Now you know all fused Pos.wires. Put those to com on proper switch.
Going through a incandescent lamp to ground will look like a ground wire flick the switch or remove lamp open now. Remove the plug to wiper motor now its open or use ohm wire rig.
If you just have a bunch of wires you can ring them to ground one at a time ths doesn't work well in real life DC situation. There are signal trace generators as well but I hope this helps , if not now somehow someday. Hope you can get a pic or diagram .
153stars is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2020, 10:07 PM   #4

Like was said once you find/eliminate the backlight wires and their grounds that drops your mess up in half. Wires also get trained only reach certain spots you can get a rough idea and eliminate some possibilities too. You could remove all those fuses and power individually with key on if accessory power up one at a time look for 12v. Safer version.. Test all non lights wires first look make note any resistance. Then you could also make up wire and spade alligator clip and resistor with like 750 ohm resistor "if its out of range with those resistances". Remove fuses. Put male spade in fused side of fuse holder, ground the wire plus resistor. Look for 750ish ohm on wires to ground. Now you know all fused Pos.wires. Put those to com on proper switch.
Going through a incandescent lamp to ground will look like a ground wire flick the switch or remove lamp open now. Remove the plug to a motor now its open or use ohm wire rig. If step cover is air solenoid will be over 1000 ohms. to ground.
If you just Going through a lamp to ground will look like a ground flick the switch or remove lamp open now. remove the plug to wiper motor now its open or use ohm wire rig.have a bunch of wires you can ring them to ground one at a time ths doesn't work well in real life DC situation. There are signal trace generators as well but I hope this helps , if not now somehow someday. Hope you can get a pic or diagram .
153stars is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2020, 05:14 AM   #5

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Fro-

Here is a diagram for 3 of 4 switches, taken from a set for a gas model, but could be the same for your Dip.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf 16624684_0_DIAG PASS CONSO.pdf (79.4 KB, 6 views)
File Type: pdf 38091316_A_(DIAGRAM STORAG.pdf (57.8 KB, 4 views)
File Type: pdf 38091167_0_(DIAGRAM MAP LI.pdf (53.7 KB, 4 views)
l1v3fr33ord1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
wiring