Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-21-2013, 06:06 AM   #1

I hope i done right on batterys

I just ordered a full set of crown battery's for my Windsor that is 4 crown cr235 and one 8d1400 as my interstates are getting long in the tooth. The golf cart dealer I bought them from recommended them over Trojan's even though he had both in stock and the Trojans cost a lot more. Till then I knew nothing of Crown battery's. I'd like to here from others running Crown.
johnboy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-21-2013, 07:12 AM   #2

John... they are rated well... here is the power sheet on them

http://copperstatebattery.com/pdfs/C...PowerSheet.pdf

I think you did OK....
Gocoffeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 07:47 PM   #3

data sheet

Thanks again Creig for that info. Someone on one of the forums suggested going to golf cart shops for battery's, turns our to have been a good suggestion as I got what I think was good advice and I think a great price when comparing to costco ,sams club and battery warehouse.
Old 05-21-2013, 10:29 PM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
Newmar Owners Club
I replaced the two chassis batteries with Crowns this last summer and they have performed well so far.
conmoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 05:53 AM   #5

John... the internal lead grid inside a golf cart battery is many times more durable and fitting to the abuse we can give a battery, that it would make sense to my wallet that all RVs come pre-equipped with them from the factory. I am installing slowly but surely, a solar project onto my RV. As part of that upgrade...I added the 4 ea golf cart battery pack. I am so happy with the results. As I add more parts of the solar puzzle I am getting a feel for the disconnected life. If you have not yet upgraded to LED lighting and want to reduce some heavy boondock load....replace the lamps in the RV with LED. I bought a full set of interior LED replacements for $90ish off Ebay. It is incredible at how much electrical AmpHrs are spared as compared to the incandescent lamps I was using.
Old 05-23-2013, 11:03 AM   #6

yep led lighting

That is next on my hit list, I'd like to know who on eBay you got them from as I can't believe the number of lights in this Windsor
Old 05-23-2013, 11:36 AM   #7

Bought them from this vendor.... the 1156 lamps and 1076 lamps came in these lumps
10x Car 1156 382 BA15S Tail Brake Turn Signal 19 LED Bulb Lamp Light White | eBay

New 1157 19 LED Tail Brake Car Lights Bulb White 1016 1034 1076 Wagner 17916 | eBay
Old 05-23-2013, 11:37 AM   #8

Look at the prices compared to Camperworld. you can see where I saved several hundred dollars as compared to their online pricing