Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-27-2017, 05:04 PM   #1

I need a new fan

In the process of replacing the leaky aluminum radiator, I discovered a chunk missing out of one of the blades of the radiator fan.Wwhere do I get a new one? Is this a Cummins part? (ISC330) Or do I have to go with a used? THX TB
TANDD is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-27-2017, 08:50 PM   #2

No it is not a Cummins part. You could call west coast Allied Tech support and they may have the manufacture parts number. 877-466-6226 You will need the coach number.

I have a 2004 Endeavor and my radiator started to leak. Took a rock on the back side. When I had it out I was able to take it to a shop and they welded it up. I did not reuse the radiator as I had the same problem with my 2002 Ambassador. I just kept the old one just in case with the fan. I do not want to sell it!

Since the leak was caused by a rock I turned it in to my insurance company as a comprehensive claim. Comp claims are named peril coverage only. Most comp coverage cover flying objects and the insurance company paid for the repairs.

Since the radiator was so badly rocked damaged my insurance company elected to replace the radiator as it was more cost effective.

I had a radiator shop build a complete radiator to off road specs. Rock core radiator three line core. Lines are twice as thick and one could throw rocks at it and will not leak. Large mining trucks use these cores.

I elected to change out my fan to a Horton two speed fan. Expensive but the coach runs very cool and I have the high speed set on a switch on the dash engage only when needed. Since the fan runs at lower RPM less chance of having rocks thrown into the back side of the core. I also picked up 3 tens per mile on fuel economy.

Once radiator is out replace all hoses/belts. If you decide to use the two spped fan I may still have the part numbers. Cost is about $1800.00. I would do it again.
Robert T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2017, 09:33 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert T View Post
No it is not a Cummins part. You could call west coast Allied Tech support and they may have the manufacture parts number. 877-466-6226 You will need the coach number.

I have a 2004 Endeavor and my radiator started to leak. Took a rock on the back side. When I had it out I was able to take it to a shop and they welded it up. I did not reuse the radiator as I had the same problem with my 2002 Ambassador. I just kept the old one just in case with the fan. I do not want to sell it!

Since the leak was caused by a rock I turned it in to my insurance company as a comprehensive claim. Comp claims are named peril coverage only. Most comp coverage cover flying objects and the insurance company paid for the repairs.

Since the radiator was so badly rocked damaged my insurance company elected to replace the radiator as it was more cost effective.

I had a radiator shop build a complete radiator to off road specs. Rock core radiator three line core. Lines are twice as thick and one could throw rocks at it and will not leak. Large mining trucks use these cores.

I elected to change out my fan to a Horton two speed fan. Expensive but the coach runs very cool and I have the high speed set on a switch on the dash engage only when needed. Since the fan runs at lower RPM less chance of having rocks thrown into the back side of the core. I also picked up 3 tens per mile on fuel economy.

Once radiator is out replace all hoses/belts. If you decide to use the two spped fan I may still have the part numbers. Cost is about $1800.00. I would do it again.

Good information for later. A list of parts and is yours a side radiator or rear?
Old 02-28-2017, 08:26 AM   #4

Mine is rear radiator. With some search, it looks like Horton has all kinds of fans; I will have to do some measuring and see exactly what I have. Will also contact Monaco and see what info they can give, were very helpful on rad. With a project of this nature I will certainly be replacing all hoses etc. and having CAC checked for leaks. This is a job I only want to do once! THX TB
Old 02-28-2017, 09:34 AM   #5

I know a guy that had it rebuilt but this was in Mexico. Must have something similar in USA.
Old 02-28-2017, 09:49 AM   #6

http://catalog.hortonww.com/catalog/
Old 02-28-2017, 10:29 AM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
Browse by Industry :: Multi-Wing America maybe here for the fan blades.

You are the 3rd guy with broken blades in a month or so... almost afraid to crawl under mine.

You might search for blades, broken etc. and see if anyone posted how they fixed theirs. Used blades at the salvage yards are an option most frequently mentioned. As much work as it is to get them off, I would try for new/zero miles.

Good Luck
Twomed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2017, 10:08 PM   #8

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
If you have a rear radiator, Source Engineering has the best fan on the market. At least in my opinion.
Sheriffbubba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2017, 08:14 AM   #9

Mine has some tip broken too, maybe half inch or so.
Old 03-01-2017, 09:15 AM   #10

Monaco Owners Club
Kiddo I would replace the fan as soon as possible before the out of balance causes it to throw more blades through the cooler.
walt2137 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2017, 09:38 AM   #11

I am leaning toward the Source fan. Horton has my stock replacement at about $160 (P/N995762103); the Source about$490more for the gains touted. Help push me over the line......
Old 03-01-2017, 02:39 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by walt2137 View Post
Kiddo I would replace the fan as soon as possible before the out of balance causes it to throw more blades through the cooler.

Yes that could become a problem.
Old 03-01-2017, 02:40 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by TANDD View Post
I am leaning toward the Source fan. Horton has my stock replacement at about $160 (P/N995762103); the Source about$490more for the gains touted. Help push me over the line......

Did you get the number from Monaco? My engine is a ISB 5.9, 300 hp, wonder if it id the same part number.
Old 03-01-2017, 04:56 PM   #14

Nope, Monaco was able to give me radiator info, but not for the fan. I had to go to Horton's catalog on line and work through the dimensions. I started with the diameter then hub configuration which left me with hub offsets. a bit hard to measure the old fan on a bench because the blades flex and give bad measurements if you don't watch for it. TB

Tags
fan