Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-11-2020, 10:48 AM   #57

Ok so my coach is plugged in batteries (test 13.3) are fully charged. All fuses read 13.2 on my tester in and out.
The red wire for the relay on firewall the one in the back is 13.2 all the time. The red one in the middle is 13.2 when key is on. Is the wires on the right post on the relay??? I replaced it before and want to make sure I have that right.

The wires for the switch. The red one reads 2.3. I would think that should be 13.3 or at least 12.0. The rest read nothing.

So when I turn the key on the red wire at the switch goes down to .04. So I think the relay is doing its job.

When the switch is pushed the one wire reads 2.3 then the opposite when the switch is the other direction.
It seems to me that the wires from switch to the motor are fine.
I think the problem is at the switch. it doesn't have 12volts.

Would the red wire from the switch be the wire hooked up the relay (on the firewall). That gets power when the is off???

Also seems to confirm there is no control box or board I think.

Before I didn't realize that the colors do match up from switch to motor. Brown and blue.
Click image for larger version

Name:	20200111_114523.jpeg
Views:	28
Size:	63.0 KB
ID:	271956Click image for larger version

Name:	20200111_115553.jpeg
Size:	60.0 KB
ID:	271957Click image for larger version

Name:	20200111_115612.jpeg
Views:	19
Size:	59.5 KB
ID:	271958Click image for larger version

Name:	Image.jpeg
Size:	61.8 KB
ID:	271963
DGEndeaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-11-2020, 10:52 AM   #58

This is where my electrical troubleshooting and knowledge starts and stops. If it's the red wire not having 12volts what do I do next??
Quote:
Originally Posted by DGEndeaver View Post
Ok so my coach is plugged in batteries (test 13.3) are fully charged. All fuses read 13.2 on my tester in and out.
The red wire for the relay on firewall the one in the back is 13.2 all the time. The red one in the middle is 13.2 when key is on. Is the wires on the right post on the relay??? I replaced it before and want to make sure I have that right.

The wires for the switch. The red one reads 2.3. I would think that should be 13.3 or at least 12.0. The rest read nothing.

So when I turn the key on the red wire at the switch goes down to .04. So I think the relay is doing its job.

When the switch is pushed the one wire reads 2.3 then the opposite when the switch is the other direction.
It seems to me that the wires from switch to the motor are fine.
I think the problem is at the switch. it doesn't have 12volts.

Would the red wire from the switch be the wire hooked up the relay (on the firewall). That gets power when the is off???

Also seems to confirm there is no control box or board I think.

Before I didn't realize that the colors do match up from switch to motor. Brown and blue.
Attachment 271956Attachment 271957Attachment 271958Attachment 271963
Old 01-11-2020, 11:30 AM   #59
YC1

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
I think you are seeing some minute voltage that is giving you that strange reading on the switch. A digital voltmeter will read a voltage that is basically useless when under load.

With your description of the voltages on the switch I would run a temporary power source to the red wire as suggested in my previous post.

The switch is merely routing the power to one relay or another depending on whether the slide needs to go out or in.

If supplying power to the switch red wire makes things function then you can work backwards chasing that wire.

There could be an interlock switch somewhere along the line preventing that red wire from coming alive.
2016 Ford F150 Limited V6 with Ready Brake
YC1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2020, 07:10 PM   #60

Nor'easters Club
You did check the fuse at the motor, correct?
nehog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2020, 07:14 AM   #61

On your switch wire plug, the red is the 12v + power coming from the relay, the white is 12v - . The brown and blue are the wires going to the slide motor which is electrically isolated from the chassis.

Toggled one way , the switch connects the 12v + and 12v - to the brown and blue respectively. Toggled the other way it reverses the connection. In/out.

In addition to the advice given in the previous post to run a temporary red 12v+ line, also run a temporary white (-) line to a clean ground connection.

The white line is connected to the vehicle chassis ground. A poor ground caused by corrosion or looseness of the ground wire is a known and frequent source of electrical gremlins and can produce a low voltage reading such as you have seen.
kidz_driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2020, 10:15 AM   #62

Quote:
Originally Posted by nehog View Post
You did check the fuse at the motor, correct?
Yes the motor run. Thanks
Old 01-12-2020, 10:20 AM   #63

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidz_driver View Post
On your switch wire plug, the red is the 12v + power coming from the relay, the white is 12v - . The brown and blue are the wires going to the slide motor which is electrically isolated from the chassis.

Toggled one way , the switch connects the 12v + and 12v - to the brown and blue respectively. Toggled the other way it reverses the connection. In/out.

In addition to the advice given in the previous post to run a temporary red 12v+ line, also run a temporary white (-) line to a clean ground connection.

The white line is connected to the vehicle chassis ground. A poor ground caused by corrosion or looseness of the ground wire is a known and frequent source of electrical gremlins and can produce a low voltage reading such as you have seen.
Thank you for your post and suggestions. I will work on a temporary wire to try. I have been under the weather here lately. One night this week I will get to it. I'll let you know. Thanks.
Old 01-12-2020, 10:21 AM   #64

Quote:
Originally Posted by YC1 View Post
I think you are seeing some minute voltage that is giving you that strange reading on the switch. A digital voltmeter will read a voltage that is basically useless when under load.

With your description of the voltages on the switch I would run a temporary power source to the red wire as suggested in my previous post.

The switch is merely routing the power to one relay or another depending on whether the slide needs to go out or in.

If supplying power to the switch red wire makes things function then you can work backwards chasing that wire.

There could be an interlock switch somewhere along the line preventing that red wire from coming alive.
Thanks for your input.
Old 01-13-2020, 09:29 AM   #65
YC1

Be sure to use an inline fuse even if you are going to use it for a ground. If you ground a place that is not supposed to be you will add to the problems. A small fuse can really save you some misery.

Do one at a time. You only need one good lead that way and are less likely to "install" additional problems.
Old 01-13-2020, 09:53 AM   #66

Norm

Help! Slide motor not working. Clicking only. 2 mechanics say needs to be replaced. RV repairman says HAVE TO replace motor AND gear box as one unit at $1100-$1200 USD’s. Anybody out there - price reasonable? Do they BOTH have to be done. 2001 HR Endeavor. Need fast answer. In a campsite and need to order fast. OK next ?. Furnace died too! Fan turns on. Ignites for 5 seconds then cuts off. Ideas??
Norm Davis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2020, 03:59 PM   #67
YC1

Welcome. I suggest starting a new post because yours may go off track to this one.

However, can you move the slide mechanically?

As for the heater. Low voltage can cause the fan to not come up to speed or something slowing it such as dauber nests.
Old 01-14-2020, 04:25 AM   #68

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norm Davis View Post
Help! Slide motor not working. Clicking only. 2 mechanics say needs to be replaced. RV repairman says HAVE TO replace motor AND gear box as one unit at $1100-$1200 USD’s. Anybody out there - price reasonable? Do they BOTH have to be done. 2001 HR Endeavor. Need fast answer. In a campsite and need to order fast. OK next ?. Furnace died too! Fan turns on. Ignites for 5 seconds then cuts off. Ideas??
I have had to replace my motor also at one time. It was 1200.00. The motor and gear box was only sold together. Go figure. I had the one fixed I sent it out and had the motor rewound. It was under 500.00 I think. Now I carry a spare with me at all times.
Old 01-16-2020, 02:03 PM   #69

Check sail switch on heater.
Pillbox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2020, 06:06 PM   #70

ok so Long story short.* Some thing is wrong with the red power wire from the ceiling of the compartment up through the wall to the switch.* So I want to pull a new wire from the switch down to the compartment and splice in again. In the compartment.* I can't get a fish up to the switch.* I think there is a vertical brace up from floor to ceiling beside the window and maybe they drill through* and went up to the switch.* Does anyone really know how the walls are put together?*

I'm thinking I may have to move the couch and cut into the wall to see what is going on. I hate yo do that but some how I need a wire from point A to point B. It's only about 4 to 5 feet in the wall.*
Click image for larger version

Name:	20200117_193237.jpeg
Views:	31
Size:	37.6 KB
ID:	272554Click image for larger version

Name:	20200117_193227.jpeg
Views:	20
Size:	85.7 KB
ID:	272555Click image for larger version

Name:	20200117_193144.jpeg
Views:	24
Size:	92.5 KB