Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-17-2020, 09:34 PM   #71

Before you tear into the walls run a temporary wire thru the air to prove the wire is
the problem .
RamiDav is online now   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-18-2020, 06:40 AM   #72

Thanks for asking that. Yes I did that last night. The side worked as it should. The wire seems to test ok before the bend that is going up into the top of the compartment. So from the compartment to the switch in the wall something happened. Thanks .
DGEndeaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2020, 06:47 AM   #73

This picture I found on the internet it's is in* a salvage yard ( it's a 2000). It looks like using a fish isn't going to work well. The wire comes up through the ceiling of my compartment under the window then toward the front of the Rv a little then up to the cabinet. My guess is it's going through one of the vertical supports in the picture. If the 1999s are built the same way.*
Click image for larger version

Name:	M12258.18.jpeg
Views:	23
Size:	130.4 KB
ID:	272581
Old 01-18-2020, 07:27 AM   #74
YC1

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Not enough information but is it possible to take power from a nearby source such as a light?

Lots of considerations of course. If it is a light weight power wire a light source power would be fine. Documentation to keep anyone informed of the modification of course is always important.
2016 Ford F150 Limited V6 with Ready Brake
YC1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2020, 06:27 PM   #75

According to the wiring harness information you posted earlier the red wire is 10 gauge indicating a fairly heavy draw. I would not recommend connecting to a light or other similar circuit.

Are you planning to connect back to the interlock relay on the firewall? If so you might want to consider a surface wire channel down to the floor before drilling through and running underneath to the front firewall.

If you are not worried about the ignition interlock relay, you might want to consider running through the upper cabinets and into the back of the fridge cavity before bringing it down into the battery compartment. Add a 15 amp inline fuse holder and connect to any available power post.

Make sure you use 10 gauge wire.

Dave
kidz_driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2020, 09:06 AM   #76

Thanks Dave. Yes I picked up 10 gage red wire for replacement. I think the easiest thing at this point would be drill through the floor and run the wire down from the cabinet to the floor. Mounting on the interior face of the wall. I see they make some very small wire covers that we could use to hide it. I'm not crazy about that but I'm less excited about cutting the interior wall open also. I'm planning on soldering the wire onto the 10 gauge red wire in the compartment. That way it is all still hooked up as it was originally.

Dave do you know, are the floors in two layers? I see old bolts under the couch that looks like they had seat belts mounted to. But the heades are not showing in the compartments. I don't want to drill through something that I shouldn't.
Old 01-20-2020, 06:18 AM   #77

If your floor is constructed the same as mine, it is 2 layers of 7/8th inch OSB extending to the outer edge of the wall laid over a framework made of 1 1/2" square steel tubing. There is 1 1/2" Styrofoam insulation inside the steel frame. Under it is the woven black plastic fabric layer which is the ceiling of your compartment.

The bolts you are seeing would likely be above the insulation, possible with some sort of backing plate.

During assembly, the wall is set on top of the OSB and bolted through to the 1 1/2" x 1 1/2" steel frame sandwiching the OSB in place.

I have drilled through in that general area to secure a large recliner which the previous owner had sitting loose.

Drilling through the OSB is straightforward. I would suggest doing it from underneath, measuring in about 2" and going straight up.

If you are doing it from above it is difficult to drill tight to the wall without sloping into the steel framing although it is behind your couch so it probably does not matter if you move the hole out a little bit.

Dave
kidz_driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2020, 10:16 AM   #78

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by DGEndeaver View Post
ok so Long story short.* Some thing is wrong with the red power wire from the ceiling of the compartment up through the wall to the switch.* So I want to pull a new wire from the switch down to the compartment and splice in again. In the compartment.* I can't get a fish up to the switch.* I think there is a vertical brace up from floor to ceiling beside the window and maybe they drill through* and went up to the switch.* Does anyone really know how the walls are put together?*

I'm thinking I may have to move the couch and cut into the wall to see what is going on. I hate yo do that but some how I need a wire from point A to point B. It's only about 4 to 5 feet in the wall.*
Attachment 272554Attachment 272555Attachment 272556Attachment 272557

Where is the switch to open gen
New owner 2017 and he canít find it
N6CUS is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
holiday rambler