Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-29-2017, 06:45 AM   #1

Ice-Ice Baby...

Hello all,

I first wanted to thank all of you for all the help and suggestions you've been providing in helping out with our new to us Diplomat.. Now on th the next question.

We have the 4 door fridge/freezer with Ice maker (Norcold mod performed) and according to the previous original owner the ice maker was never used. It still had the factory red tag on the ice maker arm.

I wanted to get the system running to try it out BUT... after some looking around it appears that the water supply line feeding the heater valve to the ice maker is only 6" long and simply tucked down inside the insulation.

I gave Monaco a call for any plumbing schematics and they said, no luck but the line should be coming from the house filter with a shutoff valve. OK so the only filter I noticed so far is a small cylinder type under the galley sink that feeds the separate filtered water faucet on the sink. Is there another MAIN filter I should be looking for?? Can anyone tell me where to look for the ice maker supply line?? How difficult or easy is it to pull an new line to the ice maker and where is the best location to tap into.

Thanks again for the help!!

Regards,
Dino
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-29-2017, 06:53 AM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
Different fridge, but my ice maker is connected to the under sink water supply just like at home... and it does have a cutoff there.

I asked, and received, the docs for my plumbing, etc... and attached the cold line routing for MY year and layout. (Who knows it it was BUILT like that though )

hope it helps - should be easy enough to run a line and a tap under the sink...
Attached Files
File Type: pdf 40110012_B_dwg (COLD POLY).pdf (316.3 KB, 50 views)
Old 09-29-2017, 07:07 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnBoyToo View Post
Different fridge, but my ice maker is connected to the under sink water supply just like at home... and it does have a cutoff there.

I asked, and received, the docs for my plumbing, etc... and attached the cold line routing for MY year and layout. (Who knows it it was BUILT like that though )

hope it helps - should be easy enough to run a line and a tap under the sink...
WOW!! thanks for the prompt reply!! Unfortunately Monaco had no info they could offer since our coach was built by the original "Monaco" and they no longer had any schematics available for our particular model. Thanks for sending a copy of yours. I wouldn't be surprised if the routings are somewhat similar.

It's interesting the water supply would come from under the galley sink considering the fridge is on the opposite side of the coach. That means the supply lines would constantly be moving since there are opposing slides.

Guess I need to do some more poking around.

Thanks again!!
Old 09-29-2017, 08:48 AM   #4

On my old 02 Diplomat the shut off for the ice maker was inside the cabinet under the fridg take the front and you'll find it
mccrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2017, 09:04 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by mccrob View Post
On my old 02 Diplomat the shut off for the ice maker was inside the cabinet under the fridg take the front and you'll find it
I'll be sure to take look there! Thanks!
Old 09-29-2017, 09:05 AM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
different floor plans... our fridge is right next to the sink in the full wall slide... sorry couldn't help but on a previous 5'er they DID run the water line outside and under to the fridge... know how I found out ?
it froze and started spraying EVERYWHERE when it thawed!
Old 09-30-2017, 09:39 AM   #7

The problem with an ice maker in a MH is water quality. Add to that, where many of us live winterizing is required, which makes water quality a bigger problem.

I'm not alone in just using ours as an ice dispenser. We buy ice and fill the hopper, and use it to dispense cubes or crushed ice as required.
distaff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2017, 10:11 AM   #8

Monaco Owners Club
You should find a shutoff valve under the fridge behind the grill. I added a simple in-line filter in the plastic tubing.

You should download and study the service manual at http://bryantrv.com/docs.html

Consider adding an ARP control and fan from https://www.arprv.com/

This is a safety device to prevent fire and damage. The fan will help performance in hot weather. About $200.
Old 09-30-2017, 10:32 AM   #9

After trying the ice maker, we soon bought an Igloo ice maker. Problem solved!
https://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2017, 12:47 PM   #10

Monaco Owners Club
We love Sonic crushed Ice ! it's the BEST !

We buy it and dump it into the ice maker as just a dispenser too.