Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-31-2007, 09:39 AM   #1

One of the rubber wiper blades started to slip out of position on my 2004 Diplomat. Finding a replacement became a task for me in a rural area. All the 28" blades had the wrong connectors. Anyway I found a universal blade packaged with every kind of connector you can imagine. I'm sharing this so some of you so you won't go through the search I went through. The blade is a Trico Model 67-281, this is the entire blade, not just the rubber rib.
bg1811 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-31-2007, 09:39 AM   #2

One of the rubber wiper blades started to slip out of position on my 2004 Diplomat. Finding a replacement became a task for me in a rural area. All the 28" blades had the wrong connectors. Anyway I found a universal blade packaged with every kind of connector you can imagine. I'm sharing this so some of you so you won't go through the search I went through. The blade is a Trico Model 67-281, this is the entire blade, not just the rubber rib.
Old 08-31-2007, 09:50 AM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
Good info, thanks. It is definitely a good idea to write that number down somewhere for the future.

My '06 has the 32" blades, and I joked with the dealer that they need to put a chair next to the cash-register for people to fall into when they find how much those little fellas cost.

Thanks!
Ron

'06 HR Endeavor 40PAQ (Mission Hills decor). All options, but still finding more to add.
ronboc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2007, 09:53 AM   #4

I found 2 28" blades at walmart for $7.00 each. I had to drill out the rivet holding the connector and made the hole bigger,but it fits and works great.

2006 FOUR WINDS HURRICANE 34N F-53
Frankie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2007, 11:53 AM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
Hey Frankie...sure hope they don't go flying off as you drive down the road But then you are probably a far better handyman than I am!!!
teofff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2007, 01:09 PM   #6

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by teofff:
Hey Frankie...sure hope they don't go flying off as you drive down the road But then you are probably a far better handyman than I am!!! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

They are held on by a small nut and bolt.The blade are the same width and size as the originals.I didnt realize they were differant till I tried to put them on.After I got done drilling the hole out I compared the old and new and viola, they are the same.

2006 FOUR WINDS HURRICANE 34N F-53
Frankie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2007, 01:21 PM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
Frankie:
The nut and bolt ensures they stay in place...most everytime I try to jurry-rig something, it usually comes apart at some point. I haven't tried to replace my blades yet, and are not even sure what size they are..I store my DIP at a storage yard..next time I'm out there I will measure them.
teofff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2007, 01:24 PM   #8

Duct tape in bailing wire should be a standard for every toolbox.
Old 09-01-2007, 03:16 AM   #9

I just went ahead and replaced both of my blades while I was at it. I found the blades at Walmart as previously mentioned, but, I had some some concerns about drilling out the holes. It seemed to me, the area left was going to be too close to the outside of the blade potentially weakening the blade housing.
Old 09-01-2007, 03:26 AM   #10

Monaco Owners Club
If it moves and shouldn't - Duct-Tape.
If it doesn't move and should - WD40.

... 'nuff said

'06 HR Endeavor 40PAQ (Mission Hills decor). All options, but still finding more to add.
ronboc is offline   Reply With Quote