Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-08-2017, 08:56 AM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
In line Thetford Aria fuse? Can't Find it.

First let me say that I'm officially over electric operating commodes. They wake up everyone in the MH at night when you flush and they are very temperamental.

On ours, the flap was stuck shut and as I tried to get it to open, I must have blown a fuse. The fuse in my low voltage panel for the commode was not blown but I've learned (don't have the Thetford Owners Manual) that there is also an in-line fuse on the wiring to the toilet itself. My problem is that there if no room to see behind the darned thing, unless your head is as narrow as a two by four.

It seems like maybe it would have made sense for them to locate the in-line fuse somewhere that would be easier to replace, like maybe in the sewer/water compartment which, in my case, happens to be directly below the bathroom.

In the past I even tried to remove the toilet but it's hard to disconnect all the stuff in the back of it, for the reasons I've already mentioned.

I'd appreciate it if someone could give me some help finding the in line fuse. You'd think I could just follow the wiring but that hasn't worked so far. Getting sweaty and frustrated.

I'll be purchasing a manual flush toilet very soon...

Thanks in advance.
-Rob
broadrun is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-08-2017, 09:32 AM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
Get a light and a mirror, you are on the right track, I replaced my noisy grinder toilet a few years ago and sold it for what the new one cost.
John G
CJScepter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2017, 06:37 PM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by CJScepter View Post
Get a light and a mirror, you are on the right track, I replaced my noisy grinder toilet a few years ago and sold it for what the new one cost.
John G
Roger that. I've actually ordered a fiber optic inspection camera which I can use for other things. Working with your face down around a toilet is a ****** job ;-)
broadrun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2017, 07:20 PM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun View Post
First let me say that I'm officially over electric operating commodes. They wake up everyone in the MH at night when you flush and they are very temperamental.

On ours, the flap was stuck shut and as I tried to get it to open, I must have blown a fuse. The fuse in my low voltage panel for the commode was not blown but I've learned (don't have the Thetford Owners Manual) that there is also an in-line fuse on the wiring to the toilet itself. My problem is that there if no room to see behind the darned thing, unless your head is as narrow as a two by four.

It seems like maybe it would have made sense for them to locate the in-line fuse somewhere that would be easier to replace, like maybe in the sewer/water compartment which, in my case, happens to be directly below the bathroom.

In the past I even tried to remove the toilet but it's hard to disconnect all the stuff in the back of it, for the reasons I've already mentioned.

I'd appreciate it if someone could give me some help finding the in line fuse. You'd think I could just follow the wiring but that hasn't worked so far. Getting sweaty and frustrated.

I'll be purchasing a manual flush toilet very soon...

Thanks in advance.
-Rob
Not exactly which model toilet you have, but you should be able to reach behind the toilet and feel the wires. The in line fuse wiring should have enough slack to pull it up so you can inspect it.
windsorbill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2017, 08:41 PM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
The in line fuse is located behind the toilet. It is in a fuse type holder/connector.
jacwjames is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ford, fuse