Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-24-2018, 10:49 PM   #29

Monaco Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
I have the 07 Diplomat PET 40'. Purchased used 2 years ago. The asking price was 129,000. I got it down to 109,000. and it was loaded with a lot of extras like power cord and water hose reels, solar charger,etc etc.Exterior and interior is in excellent condition. Has 10 gal water heater which gives us plenty of hot water for showers. Coach is great but I hated the way it drove in crosswinds till I installed Mike Hughes front watts linkage and rear cross bars.( would recommend for all Monaco's and HR). Check the bottom of the slides for rot on all units. See Guardian plates videos by Talin rv for great photos and description of what to look for.
I have had no problems with the rear radiator and would not consider it a deal breaker. You won't find the need to do much of any work to these engines. My coach already had a residential fridge installed. So the only problems I had has the Voyager screen going blank on the rear camera, we had to replace the screen unit in the dash, and the tv wires were unhooked in the cabinet that was a big pain to get all sorted out and hooked up correctly ( I should have made the dealer do it.. ) Love the rig and no regrets.
flamebuster is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-26-2018, 04:18 AM   #30

Newmar Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Is there a resource to use to determine what the value of my 15 Newmar Bay Star 3401 is worth?
bevo7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2018, 04:20 AM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by bevo7 View Post
Is there a resource to use to determine what the value of my 15 Newmar Bay Star 3401 is worth?

Try NADA.
Old 02-27-2018, 05:30 AM   #32

Newmar Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Update on looking at the coach. Really liked the unit, very good condition . I spent about 2 hrs going over everything. This was a consignment at a dealer. They dealer wanted to give me 15,000 less than the NADA estimate of my 2015 Bay Star,. So to say the least I’m disappointed. Fair price on the coach I’m looking at but getting sacked on trade in. Bummer
Old 03-01-2018, 07:35 PM   #33

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by bevo7 View Post
Would like some input regarding the 2007 Monaco Diplomat 40 PET and a 2007 Monaco Camelot? Looking at both coaches. What are some things that I should be heads up about Thanks
Bevo7,

We have a 2006 Camelot that we purchased new in 2006. It has an Aqua-Hot system, a Sani-Con system, and an in-motion satellite system. However it does not have an air leveling system or solar panels.

I can't comment on an air leveling system, because I never had one. Lots of people say that they are the only way to go, and I guess I just don't know what I have been missing. I never use the Sani-Con system and I wouldn't miss it if it were gone.

We use the in motion satellite every time we are in the coach and it still works well. We do not have high definition, so again we probably just don't know what we are missing.

The one thing that totally surprised me was the Aqua-Hot system. We have a large family and having unlimited hot water available for showers has been one of the best features in our coach. We often have to empty the grey tank before all of the family finish taking their lengthy showers! Uninterrupted steaming hot water for every family member after a long dusty day riding ATV's is priceless. Our Aqua Hot system gets used.....a lot, and it has never given us any problems. Now that we have experienced having an Aqua-Hot, we would never consider a coach that didn't have one.

You were asking for opinions, so that is mine. Others will obviously have very different requirements and preferences, so consider my perspective with a grain of salt.

Hope this helps,

Jim
zo66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2018, 09:10 PM   #34

Monaco Owners Club
Bevo7, just as info... we were looking at Camelot’s back in winter of 16/17. After finding several, we couldn’t get one at a fair price. We found an 07 Dynasty for less than any Camelot we looked at. We paid $120k on thanksgiving of 2016.

It’s a 44’ tag, 400 ISL, new tires, AquaHot, 2 stage Jake Brake and a whole bunch of factory options to the standard Dynasty. Mileage was 85k but well maintained. Just sayin you may be able to step up one model for an equal or lower price.
clyon51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2018, 02:15 AM   #35

Newmar Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
All great info guys, very helpful. The Camelot was at a fair price I believe, the hang up was the trade in value, at least for us. We will continue to look until we find something that makes since to us. Thanks for all the help.
Old 03-02-2018, 09:33 AM   #36

Monaco Owners Club
If you want a fair price for your 2015 Bay Star, you are going to have to sell it yourself. The classified section on this forum is a good starting place.
vito.a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2018, 08:03 AM   #37

I second Vito.a. No dealer will want to give you what you feel your Bay Star is worth. You’ll have to sell that yourself. This site and/or RV Trader would be a good way to go.
Doug.terri5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2018, 09:40 AM   #38

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug.terri5 View Post
I second Vito.a. No dealer will want to give you what you feel your Bay Star is worth. You’ll have to sell that yourself. This site and/or RV Trader would be a good way to go.

......X3.
zo66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2018, 09:41 AM   #39

Newmar Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Thanks, appreciate the info