Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-17-2011, 09:29 AM   #1

Injector Pump Drips

My injector pump drips fuel and it spots the rear cap at highway speed.('95 300hp Cummins) It's not a lot but very irritating! These pumps are very expensive to work on. Mine is about $1800 to rebuild! Has anyone messed with the pump without removing it? Could there be an external fix? A diesel mechanic once told me that it's a bad "O"ring. thx
RickGyver is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-17-2011, 09:43 AM   #2

Fleetwood Owners Club
Tighten the fittings where the leak is coming from. Lots of leaks can be eliminated by tightening them up.
targaboat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 06:15 AM   #3

If you clean the pump with engine degreaser then dry it off and start it up and watch it so you can see where it is leaking from then it maybe possible to remove that one fitting and replace just that oring. Just know what you are unscrewing first so you don't have parts fall out.
Mike Canter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 04:35 AM   #4

Are you sure it is not the lift pump leaking? Cummins no longer makes the replacement seals so you have to purchase the whole lift pump. The changeover to ULSD diesel has caused numerous problems with the seals.
tucdc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 05:40 AM   #5

National RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Start by puchasing a couple of cans of brake clean, clean the area with brake kleen (note: the area that is leaking will be clean ,because of the fuel leak, the area around the leak will have dirt accumulated around it) If I am not mistaken this a pre electronic engine. I could be wrong, 1800 dollars for a rebuilt fuel pump seems kind of high, unless this includes labor. Even if it's electronic it still seems kind of high.
I have found that the are only a couple of places where fuel can leak out. one is the front seal on the pump, if it is there you would see fuel coming of the weep hole on the bottom of the fuel pump at the mounting flange where it bolts to the air compressor. the other place is where the fuel pump solenoid bolts to the pump. Good luck let me know what you find.
tims52ford is offline   Reply With Quote