Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-03-2011, 03:11 PM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
Intelletec water pump controller?

I'm right now replacing the standard shur-flo 2088-422-144 with a new shureflo extreme 5900-0211.

This new pump is a monster. I thought it said it would fit anyplace any other shurflo pump would fit? not hardly...
But it kinda looks like I'll be able to get it in there.

To my question. The directions say "If your RV has a 7 amp intelitec pump controller, you either need to replce it with a 10 amp, or put in a relay."

Anyone know what pump controller is in an 08 knight?
Or where I might find it?
JimM68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-03-2011, 03:40 PM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
ok, so much for getting this bad boy into the space that lil thing came out of. It is 3 1/2 inches taller then the lil one (measured from the centerline of the liquid fittings, and I'm into about an inch of black tank. It's gonns have to go on the floor of the wet bay, spaced up a few inches with wood blocks. Glad I bought the "pmup silencing kit" those hoses will get me where I need to be.
Old 10-03-2011, 09:37 PM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
Gotter done b 4 dinner. Works good, lots of pressure and volume, and very quiet.

Still hoping for an answer on that pump controller?
I'd hate to burn it up.
Old 10-03-2011, 09:49 PM   #4

Country Coach Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Do you know for sure that you have an Intelitec controller?

I know our DSDP does because it was part of the special equipment order.

Do you have more than one switch to turn the pump on or off? If so, do you have to turn it off from the same switch that you turned it on from or from any of the others? If you have to turn it off from the same switch you turned it on from then no, you don't have the controller. It functions like a three way switch in the stick house except you can have more than two switches and each can turn on and off the pump.
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 04:44 AM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimM68 View Post
I'm right now replacing the standard shur-flo 2088-422-144 with a new shureflo extreme 5900-0211.

This new pump is a monster. I thought it said it would fit anyplace any other shurflo pump would fit? not hardly...
But it kinda looks like I'll be able to get it in there.

To my question. The directions say "If your RV has a 7 amp intelitec pump controller, you either need to replce it with a 10 amp, or put in a relay."

Anyone know what pump controller is in an 08 knight?
Or where I might find it?
Jim,

Since you have a 2008 coach I am betting you have a 10 amp controller. I just went to the Intellitec site and they don't seem to make the 7 amp one anymore. Here is the manual for the 10 amp one:
http://intellitec.com/PDF/5300145.000.pdf

Bob
nodine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 05:32 AM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
There are 3 switches, any one can be used at any time.
I do not know for sure what controller is used, until I read the directions for the new pump, I didn't even know there was such a thing, hadn't given it a thought.

Bob, thanks for the info and the manual, I'll add that to my library.
Odd that I didn't spot the controller in the wet bay, but everything is behind the panel and it's awful tight back there.

I'm thinking the easiest way to answer this question will be to find the water pump fuse and see if it is a 7 amp or a 10 amp.
Old 10-05-2011, 07:23 AM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
There are 3 switches, any one can be used at any time.
I do not know for sure what controller is used, until I read the directions for the new pump, I didn't even know there was such a thing, hadn't given it a thought.

Bob, thanks for the info and the manual, I'll add that to my library.
Odd that I didn't spot the controller in the wet bay, but everything is behind the panel and it's awful tight back there.

I'm thinking the easiest way to answer this question will be to find the water pump fuse and see if it is a 7 amp or a 10 amp.
Jim,

Even with the white panel off it is hard to see the controller. It is way back mounted high up on the frame cover. I have attached a photo. If you look in the upper left half of the photo you see a blue water line connected to a fitting. It is located above the white water hose wrapped in a circle. The controller is behind that blue hose and you still can't make it out. The snap disk that turns the bay heater on and off is located in the same area behind the black pipe going to the gray water tank.

Bob

Old 10-07-2011, 05:31 PM   #8

Monaco Owners Club
Thanks Bob. Wow, how'd u get that panel off?
Old 10-08-2011, 06:09 AM   #9

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Thanks Bob. Wow, how'd u get that panel off?
Jim,

Believe me, it is not for the faint of heart. You have to take off the black panel in the upper right hand corner and reach your arm in through the opening to unscrew all the water line connections. Everything on the panel that is connected to something must be removed or disconnect. There are three screws on the left and right side and the light at the top must be removed. If any sewer hoses or other items will keep the panel from dropping all the way down then they must be removed. Let the panel drop down until the top of the panel clears the gas strut door keeper. Now grab the left side of the panel and force it out over the rubber gasket around the door opening. You have to bend the panel. It will not break with a small bend. Next pull the panel out.

That is the easy part. The hard part is putting it back because you have to reach in blind and screw all the water lines back without cross threading them. Make sure you write down how all the wires go back on the switches.

Have fun,

Bob

Tags
water