Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-25-2015, 09:17 PM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
Intellitec 760 50 Amp Smart EMS

Looking for a replacement circuit board for this, Part 73-00894-200. for my coach 2006 Camelot. I am having trouble locating the part and a supplier. I found a used item but have reservations about going that way. Monaco did not show a listing for older than 2009 on the Monaco site.
I saw some information that was on ebay and it is somewhat overkill for what i would like to do. I am really stuck right now. BTW,, I too had the "bleach odor" that was mentioned back in 2009. When I am done with the repair, I will try to put up a photo or 2.
Could use some help locating a good part. Has anyone tried used parts suppliers? Sometimes that is the only way to get a specific part without changing multiple components and wiring the coach over.
King Richard is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-26-2015, 07:44 AM   #2

King Richard ,
Give Mark Bayus a call @ 419 965-3014. he is one of the Technical support guys that contracts to Intellitec. He knows these 50 amp EMS systems inside out and got me my new 760 up-grade board and harness's pronto. The other tech there is Chris. The 894-200 board cost me $308 USD.I bought complete up-grade kit including the two 3 and 4 pin harness's and new monitor panel as my old 750 board was no longer made.
I had an electronic tech fix my old 750 board ,[2005 HR Endeavor ], it was two opto-isolators and the parts were like $5.00. Im still using it and have my new up-grade kit as spare.
RIDER FAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2015, 08:37 AM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
My system failed in late 2014, I did all the troubleshooting I could and then called M&M Electronic in Ohio (which I believe is the same contact info in previous post) M & M Electronics PHONE 419-965-2662 they were great to work with.

First thing they did was walk me some simple steps to check system.
  1. There is a 5 amp fuse on the circuit board, check this
  2. If fuse is good reset the system by disconnecting all power (12V&120V) for ~10 minutes.
This didn't work so they sold e an upgrade kit, new board, 2 wiring harnesses, and load meter for ~$400.

I installed the system myself, I will say the instructions are vague and I did it on a Saturday so I couldn't get a hold of anyone at M&M but I forged through it and got it hooked up.
jacwjames is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2015, 08:48 AM   #4

Jim,
I was looking at my new up-grade kit with the three and four pin harness's. Scratching my head a bit. When you plug in the new harness's is there just one pin/wire that is no longer used ? My instructions were to splice it in and just match the colours of wires to each other.......? Did you also get the new monitor panel with your kit ? I'm still a little apprehensive about installing the sucker. [ Now that i bought it I'll probably never use it ! ] But good backup as my board went down when it was 100+ and its not fun with no AC.
RIDER FAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2015, 11:19 AM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
Yes, I got the whole kit

You have to splice in the new wiring harnesses but make sure to follow and understand the directions.

I made a mistake the first time and had the wrong harness splice to the wrong feed. I believe one feed is for the 12 volt power from the house & generator side and the second feed is for the monitor. The connector portion on the board are in different positions and this is what confused me. Also, the wiring color is not easy to distinguish and did not match exactly.

When I first hooked the red LED light would come on and then quickly shut off. I started to scratch my head and since I couldn't call M&M Luckily they have it protected so if this happens it doesn't damage anything. I just unhooked everything and start from scratch being very careful to look at the labeling on the circuit board and make sure each of the wiring harnesses for the load meter and the 12 volt feed were correct. The second time I hooked it up everything worked as it should and has worked fine since.

I would suggest you look at the existing wiring harnesses and note the colors and location they are connected and the function. Layout the new harnesses and match to the correct location on the new board and determine which one is which. Mark the appropriate wires by function and color. Then take the old board out, replace 1 harness at a time, and install the new board.

I would also suggest you do this during normal working hour of M&M in case you have any questions.

If you current system is working I'd just leave in place and keep the new system in case of emergency. It takes less then 2 hours to replace so it could be done in the field if you had the proper tools and supplies.
jacwjames is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
intellitec