Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-02-2013, 09:22 PM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
Intellitec Smart EMS 760 info

One AC unit quit on me and I have traced it down to the Intellitec circuit boards mounted near the breaker panel. Does anyone have schematics or troubleshooting info on this system. They want $360 for the board but I'd rather repair the board if I can. Thanks.
Buford B is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-03-2013, 03:58 AM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
Location: Currently in Texas until COVID subsides and we feel more comfortable traveling.
If you're comfortable working with electricity try this:

Turn off all power and remove the front panel from the Intellitec. On the right side there is a circuit board, mounted edge in, that has the relays that control power. On the left side of the board you can find wires that run from the circuit breakers to the board. These are the power inputs to the down stream devices. Confirm that there is power (120VAC) at each of the relay wires; this confirms that all breakers are working. If not (and your AC is usually the top one) then you have a bad breaker; replace it.

If you have power at all inputs, swap two of the wires. Usually, on mine anyway, the front AC is on the top relay position. And, usually, electric water heat is on the second one down. Swap these two wires. Try your AC now and if it works then you found a problem: the board needs to be replaced, and you are out $380 as the logic board is defective.

This happened to me but mine was more obvious: my top relay actually burned out. But there is no real way to fix one of these boards as everything is soldered in place. One word of caution, the little tab that holds the circuit board in place won't take a lot of stress. So be careful when you work with those stiff wires.
Johnontheroad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 09:35 AM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
I know tyhe issue is within the board. I need a schematic or troubleshooying guide with test points and voltages. If all else fails I'll replace the relay because that seems most likely to fail. But the AC was running and simply stopped when it did fail. That leads me to believe it is not the relay.
Buford B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 09:06 PM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
Buford, I had the same problem with both AC circuits. After removing the EMS 2 board assembly, a close inspection showed that the circuit board contacts for the relays had overheated and the copper traces were burned. I used some short pieces of 14ga. wire and soldered them in parallel with the burned traces. The EMS system has now been working fine for the last 6 months with no problems.