Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-30-2018, 06:38 PM   #1

Intermittent clicking from dash vac pump

So I was able to get an early start this year on pre maintenance before we head to Florida this March. I had an issue with only having the defroster working on the the dash switch. After much headache, I was able to locate and fix the issue.

All of the functions seem to be working as they should but, I noticed what sounded like a solenoid pulsing. I was able to locate were the noise was coming from. As it turns out, I believe it to be the vacuum pump that controls the opening of the different gates for defrost, floor, ac, etc. I took apart the black box under gen compartment and found that it is actually air that is cycling intermittently. I don't believe that this is normal unless maybe I just never noticed it before? It is not a steady leak but more of a pulsating leak. only happens with the ignition on. Any ideas? I am going to try and upload a video when I get home so that you can hear what I'm hearing.

Thank you in advance!
Attached Files
MonacoMarc95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-30-2018, 07:29 PM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
My guess is that you have a leak in the vacuum system.

I was installing a Onan Auto start system on the generator which has a control box that is mounted in the vicinity of the generator. I mounted the box and soon afterwards noticed the same clicking. It turned out that I had loosened one of the vacuum lines.

Check around and see if you can find a line loose.
jacwjames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2018, 07:52 PM   #3

When I was working on running the wiring down under the dash, I did have the heat/ac control completely unhooked. I don't hear any air leaks from around the dash so my guess would be that it would be one of the two lines that go to the vac pump?
Old 01-30-2018, 07:56 PM   #4

Hopefully there is a visual on this video to get an idea of where the noise is coming from. I did have it apart and can feel air coming from what looks like a vent or something off of the pump. no line going to it.
Attached Files
Old 02-12-2018, 02:51 PM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
what perfect timing your post is, marc! iíve got a 95 dynasty and last week was in the dash trying to sort out a ground issue (gauges go wonky when headlights are on and dimmer is rotated.) and darned if my coach didnít start in with a respirator-like sound ...

more things to learn, it seems.

thx for each of the above posts, very helpful.
Radacravitz is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dash