Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-21-2019, 03:26 PM   #1
OTR

Intermittent Intellitec Control power issues

Things work fine for a week of two then it happens. The symptoms vary but the result is always the same. The Intellitec PMC 6 Relay Output/ 4 Input module 00-00917-416 that controls my AH INP IND/GEN SET SIG/DOCK LIGHTS/WATER PMP BAY/INT WARD LIGHTS/AH 110 V/AH Diesel/ AH BLWR
shows a solid RED COMMON FAULT light on the module and everything on that module can no longer be controlled. I have verified everything connected to it and they do not function.

When this happens I run about scream and shout with meter in hand, resetting, rebooting,resetting, monitoring power on the ALLADIN AND INTELLITEC and making sure the aft power box hasno apparent problems... all this to no avail.

If I just sit for awhile, sometimes 3-4 hours, the RED light clears and everything works 100%.

Intellitec says to swap cables and dip switch addressing to another card of the same type to rule in or out the card as the problem. I have yet to do that.

This morning, still lying in the bunk watching TV, all the lights came on in my coach ans started to flicker. I opened the main brk - no joy; cycled salesman switch - no joy....put both battery isolation manual switches in OFF and that cut the juice. Everything was off.

After 3 hours, the RED light cleared on the module and everything functions 100%.

Has anyone seen similar issues and if so what was the culprit?
OTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-21-2019, 04:30 PM   #2
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Hi ! Welcome to IRV2! We're sure glad you joined the gang!

I don't have a clue! Hope I never have that problem because I would be as confused as you must be!

Noticed you are kinda new on IRV2 and wanted to say hello!

Good luck, happy trails, and God bless!
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2019, 06:23 AM   #3

Wow, OTR, that's new. Our coach is an '06 Dynasty. You say you have an Aladdin, so you probably have a coach made my Monaco? And since Aladdin quit in the late mid-2000's, your coach is probably older than 2007 which would make it a brother, sister or cousin to our coach? You talk about cards and DIP switches, so I'm thinking your coach may be of a somewhat different model than ours?

We have one 12-point input module, two 10-point FET modules and four 10-point Relay modules, as well as the control module, but it sounds like yours probably are not the same. We also do not have any DIP switches accessible to us without disassembling modules. I am not aware of ours having a red common fault indicator.

If you haven't done so, I would recommend that you call Mark or Chris Bayus at M&M Electronic Repair. They are awesome! They are in Ohio City, OH, and are a premier source for parts, service, support and advice. (419) 965-3014.

It sounds like you've tried everything I would have suggested you try. So at this point, I would first try what whomever you called at Intellitec suggested that you do, and if that doesn't give you good information, give Mark or Chris a call. Also, if you do find that one of your "cards" should be replace, Mark or Chris could probably help you. So could NW RV Supply, in Eugene, OR. (541) 746-9092

Just a suggestion: you might put some kind of hint in your IRV2 "signature line" as to what part of the world you are in, as well as your year, make and model of coach. Sometimes you will get useful help for providers in your geographical area as well as better model-specific assistance..

Let us know how you make out. It sounds like you have an almost unlivable situation going on, right now. I'm so sorry!
K7JV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2019, 07:02 AM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by OTR View Post
Intellitec says to swap cables and dip switch addressing to another card of the same type to rule in or out the card as the problem. I have yet to do that. Has anyone seen similar issues and if so what was the culprit?
I've seen similar problems. Swap them out, make sure to note the Dip switch settings. If that doesn't cure it then it will get a little more complicated. Do you have the wiring diagram book for your coach?

https://www.intellitec.com/wp-conten...-00917-000.pdf

The multiplex system is great until the ghosts start doing weird things.
Old 09-22-2019, 09:09 AM   #5
OTR

Thanks for the tech info HYPOXIA - I did not have that! I will swap the modules and change addressing per M&M as soon as I change campgrounds next Tuesday. I am reluctant to do this because the known good module has DOOR LOCK/UNLOCK/GEN STOP START/ and INV ON/OFF . on it and I'm not looking forward to confronting error symptoms for these functions.....sigh . I have also ordered a BIG BOY and two smaller relays that probably are original (my rig is 12 years old) and are located in the engine compartment power box. I have read through this forum and the Big Boy is responsible for various gremlin like antics, so I am replacing it and then cleaning the old one for a spare.

I also want to say how much I appreciate this forum since there is no longer support for older Monacos. I have been able to fix all issues I've had thus far using this forum.
Old 09-22-2019, 09:13 AM   #6
OTR

Hey K7JV - I too am clueless on this one but am confident that this forum will once again assist in my fixing another issue on the Palace!
Old 09-22-2019, 10:04 AM   #7
OTR

No I do not have the wiring diagram for 2007 Monaco Dynasty Palace. Is there a web location for the diagram? I read the tech sheet and noted that i may also have to adjust the hi/low jumper settings.
Old 09-22-2019, 11:30 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by OTR View Post
I also want to say how much I appreciate this forum since there is no longer support for older Monacos. I have been able to fix all issues I've had thus far using this forum.
Worth noting that the help on this forum was ALWAYS better than the info from Monaco when the were still offering support. Can't tell you how many times what they told me was just plane dead wrong and the real info was found here.
distaff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2019, 12:26 PM   #9

Three hours is one of the normal absorb time settings on a charger. It's a long shot but could the inverter be sending out a voltage spike while in absorb and that card is the weak link that gets hit. I had a laser disc player that would always fry the power board in a lightening storm. Got good at swapping diodes and resistors from previously burnt boards. Never was the same part that burnt up. Never damaged anything else in the house.
shootist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2019, 03:38 PM   #10

Monaco Owners Club
I posted the 2007 Signature diagrams which also cover many of the Dynasty pages on the Monacoers Yahoo group. You probably have to join the group for access. Each page shows what coach models the diagrams are good for.
https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/...ng%20Diagrams/

If you are going to keep the coach for a while it is worth it to stop at Ohio City, OH and have M&M do a backup of the intellitec computer and all of the switch panels. The backup is anly around $100 and can save many times that when there is a problem.
Old 11-04-2019, 04:30 PM   #11
OTR

Quote:
Originally Posted by hypoxia View Post
I posted the 2007 Signature diagrams which also cover many of the Dynasty pages on the Monacoers Yahoo group. You probably have to join the group for access. Each page shows what coach models the diagrams are good for.
https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/...ng%20Diagrams/

If you are going to keep the coach for a while it is worth it to stop at Ohio City, OH and have M&M do a backup of the intellitec computer and all of the switch panels. The backup is anly around $100 and can save many times that when there is a problem.
Thanks all for your recommendations, replies, etc. I did swap the modules and the problem moved with the suspect module. M&M sent me one and now that issue is fixed.

Also replaced the 2007b Monaco Dynasty Palace 3 Big Boy today which resolved battery charging issues. My rig has a PCB board in the RRB which actually has 2 switches on it to test the batt disconnect solenoids and the Big Boy - who knew! I shut down shore power, turned batt disconnect to off position, even had the starting batteries physically disconnected while on a offline charger - STILL had 13.4 volts coming off two lugs on far right in RRB at bottom - read elsewhere on this forum this is straight off battery so must have been the 6 volt house batteries (8).
Old 11-04-2019, 05:28 PM   #12

When our 08 Dynasty was new we had problems with the bathroom area lights either flickering or turning off by them selves. We were on a trip to Indiana and there was a place in Michigan with ex Monaco employees. The problem was some wiring in the closet for the Intellitec . One circuit needed a heavier wire. They changed it and all was good. Bad batteries or dirty connections can also cause strange problems. Our 08 does have an Alladin but it is not like the earlier versions.
2009 Silverado Toad
moisheh is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
intellitec, power