Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-18-2017, 03:27 PM   #1

Inverter failure???

Have a MS2812 Magna Sine inverter in a 2008 Beaver Marquis. Just replaced all the 12 volt coach batteries with 8 Trojan 105s. Tried to hook up to ground power. Keeps tripping the GFCI at the house. Tried different power source. It is the bus. Isolated which circuit breaker is causing problem. It seems the only one that causes it to fault is the 20 amp L1 inverter circuit breaker. Have a green light on inverter. Blinks to show charging. Is it time to replace it outright??? Ran the genny out of gas before I could use it to isolate problem. Ant help is appreciated.
megehrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-18-2017, 03:50 PM   #2

Inverter failure

Make sure you are not pulling too much power in the coach. My house breaker kept tripping because the wife had turned on the A/C in the coach.
jwessling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2017, 04:02 PM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
Are you connecting to a 220v 50amp service?
Have you gone back and double checked your series-parallel battery connections on the T-105s?
vito.a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2017, 04:39 PM   #4

Double checked the new battery connections. Tried connecting to a 220v 50 amp service and got nothing. Any inputs on how to purge air out of genny fuel line? I cavatated it when I ran it with fuel below 1/4 tank.
Old 09-18-2017, 04:42 PM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
Do not hookup to a GFI circuit -- Bill Willard
William Willard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2017, 06:05 PM   #6

Nor'easters Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by William Willard View Post
Do not hookup to a GFI circuit -- Bill Willard
This is probably the best advice! I have a GFCI on my 50 amp feed and turning on the fridge will trip it eventually. Usually in the middle of the night, and since it has an alarm to alert you it is tripped, you wake the entire neighborhood!
nehog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2017, 09:44 PM   #7

William Willard and nehog win the prize. I plugged it in to a non GFCI 115vac outlet. Everything has held for nearly two hours. Volts on batts is up to 14.6. I guess it just does not like GFCI outlets. Think the 50 amp service I was hooked up to may have had a bad leg. Will confirm tomorrow. Thanks for the inputs.
Old 09-19-2017, 05:03 PM   #8

A short post script......elec post in camp space has an intermittent 50 amp breaker. It is latched now but who knows for how long.....

Tags
inverter