Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-12-2009, 11:52 AM   #15

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
We traded our 06 Cayman because of the bad ride. Good luck on everything. You should have went to the 8 bag system.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-12-2009, 12:51 PM   #16

Hi Folks,
I am so amazed/excited with the amount of help I received from you guys and now I realized how good to be in the "forum". Perhaps, someday, I could be of help to others too. May you all be a channel of blessings to all rver.For sure I'll use all the inputs you guys posted.
MARANATHA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 12:29 PM   #17

per 04V038000 recall on the front trailing arms, the front ride hieght shoud be set at 6 and 3/4" as measured from the lower shock mount bolt on center of the bolt, to the bottom of the frame directly above the shock bolt. This is from memory, I did several of these recalls for monaco at the diamond hill center before it shut down.I also repaired MONACO MAMA'S leaking slide out roof.I have 25 yrs. exp.,RVDA master tech cert. Hope this helps.
jethro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 05:17 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by jethro View Post
per 04V038000 recall on the front trailing arms, the front ride hieght shoud be set at 6 and 3/4" as measured from the lower shock mount bolt on center of the bolt, to the bottom of the frame directly above the shock bolt. This is from memory, I did several of these recalls for monaco at the diamond hill center before it shut down.I also repaired MONACO MAMA'S leaking slide out roof.I have 25 yrs. exp.,RVDA master tech cert. Hope this helps.
Hi jethro,
Is this the same as posted by other rv'er saying 6 and 15/16 meas the height of the rubber itself. Do you think, ride height adjustment will fix my rig's porpoising? Thanks.
Old 05-06-2009, 07:11 PM   #19

Thumbs up

As you can tell by everyones comments, ride hieght specs vary a little from one coach to the next. None of the specs I have seen on your question are wrong. There are many different ways to measure ride hieght. While I worked for monaco, we were always getting updated ride hieght specs due to owner input ,and our own findings when working on such problems. Here's what I used to do . This only applies to the 4 baggers, not the 8 baggers :After setting ride hieght to spec, get a tape measure ,and check to se how level the body of the coach is by measuring from the belt molding above the bay doors to the ground. Should be fairly close to level(+-1/2"). If the coach still porpissed, Iwould raise the front 1/2" to 1" higher than the rear(measuring the body, not the bags). This usaully would take about 1/2 of porpising problem away. Sometimes,it took it down to acceptable levels.You should not go much higher than this,as you can cause a "bump steer" problem. Also, those KONI SHOCKS everyone talks about are worth their weight in gold!
jethro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 05:26 PM   #20

I would have to agree with the others, I have a Cayman 36PDQ, have had ride height checked/ajusted, installed Koni's, and still dislike the ride!! If I had to do all over again I must admit I would not purchase a unit in the 4-bag chassis...............live and learn I suppose!!

Tony2
Old 06-02-2009, 03:15 PM   #21

smooth ride

Hi Everybody,
It's summer time here in Canada. Now I followed all the instructions you folks gave to me and lo and behold all my problems are gone. Factory setting is not right. I'm now very satisfied with my unit.Special thanks to Jethro.