Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-27-2014, 03:29 PM   #1

Is this a good deal??need price help

Hello all!

I'm new here and love all the information! I had a Class C years ago that was so old it pretty much turned the Mrs. off to anything motorized. and have had T/Trailers ever since.

I've come across a 2000 Monaco Windsor 34PB ( 350 Cummins) that sounds extremely good and I put a deposit on until it came in to a dealership for me to see. I've used the same salesman for numerous purchases throughout the years and he's been great, but here lately he's given me the usual talk of many people wanting it and am I really going to buy it?

That's kind of hard to say when it hadn't come in, but it did finally come in a couple of days ago and he says it's immaculate. Looks brand new with only 67k miles, and they had quoted me 18k for the price. I'm not sure yet if the floor plan will work for the 4 of us but he's telling me that management really underpriced it so I could buy it and re-sale for a good profit if it didn't work. They also have a backup deposit on it if I don't want it.
He's standing by the comment that its very hard to find a Coach like this under 30k. KBB has it as $18.3k but he says it doesn't take in to account supply/demand. I find it hard to believe that this Extremely Large RV business has underpriced it so much that it could be flipped almost right away.

Sorry for such a long post, just wanted to give all the info I could.

Thanks,
Jeff
wjftsf is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-27-2014, 04:33 PM   #2
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner

Sounds like your having second thoughts, obviously I don't know the salesman but you convey the thought that I would not trust him.
See My Pace Arrow Upgrades
JohnRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 04:34 PM   #3

Could be a repo. You should have a complete visual of all components to be assured they work while they are working. Some of these units can be purchased at auction for only several thousand dollars so there will be a profit for the Dealer. Do not ever worry about there side of the coin. By all means check the title for red lights that could be a problem. Good price if all is right. Hope you have a good experience
trackman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 10:45 PM   #4

The dealers buy these things at auctions for next to nothing and flip them without doing anything to them. Take anything a sales person says with the thought that they could be feeding you a bunch of hype. Are they offering any type of warranty, have you shopped the internet for the same coach and how are they priced? Just make sure that all the parts and pieces work and or function properly. Have Cummins dump the motor computer to see what's been going on with it. Is there any service records and manuals for the coach? A lot to check out.
Lee0920 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 12:20 AM   #5

Good info, thanks all.....

The coach is at the dealership and the owners have been transfering their belongings to their new one so I'm sure it's not a repo.

I'll be sure to ask and look for and service records.

I've looked for comparable prices and I've not seen anything close to this. It's been difficult to find this model for sale but there are numerous 36' and 40' ones out there for way more money. Even 5-6 year older models are going for more than this one.

It's "as is" for this price, but I can get a warranty on it due to the year and miles from an outside source.

I guess what I've been looking for is if this model is right on track for the price or is it really that under priced, but since the only thing I can find is the KBB value it appears that it's really Not underpriced at all.
wjftsf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 12:44 AM   #6

Go look!! If DW likes get it!! If DW is happy, everybody is happy.
stink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 02:53 AM   #7

2000 winsor 34pbs

NADA values a 35' Windsor with 1slide at $34000 low book & 46,000 high there is no 34' listed . I would make sure the year is correct!!!!! Check out Nada.com for yourself. they also have a non slide listing for a 35' windsor

Good Luck
Steve
SPA48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 06:27 AM   #8

Monaco Owners Club
Hi Jeff
The rig sounds great and priced very well at 18K. A diesel pusher will convince your Mrs that this is the way to go. She will enjoy the ride and quietness while driving.
If the floor plan works, I'd have the rig checked as suggested earlier. They are really nice dependable rigs.
I hope it works for you. My guess your dealership took it as a trade and just want to move it for what they have in it.
Best of luck on your decision. Let us know if you buy it
Rick
Gorlininc is offline   Reply With Quote