Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-14-2009, 11:57 AM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
Is this my Cummins engine serial number?

I was hoping to find my engine serial number on some of the paper work that came with the coach. The 8 1/2 by 11 data sheet that shows the standard items and optional items installed on the coach has the VIN number and a number just called S/N. There is no reference to the engine but I would not think the coach would have a VIN number and a serial number. The number looks like this:

S/N 060119714083400156709

Is this my engine serial number?

Thanks,

Bob
nodine is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-14-2009, 12:03 PM   #2

Nope. Cummins serial numbers are on a tag on the upper right-hand rear flange of the engine. On some side radiator rigs this is easily visible from a hatch @ the rear. For rear radiator types it may take a bit of contortionaliziating.
Old 06-14-2009, 02:22 PM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
S/N 060119714083400156709
That's your coach serial number. The last 6 is what you would be asked for when speaking with Monaco.

Did you find a "Recreational Vehicle Data Card" with your paperwork? It listed Item, Manufacturer, Model# & Serial# of all items, including the engine, in the MH.

Not sure if they are able to help yet, but call customer service and ask for one.
Nonno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 02:25 PM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
Another thought. Call Cummins with your VIN#. I think they can get it from that.
Nonno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 11:15 PM   #5
"Formerly Diplomat Don"

Newmar Owners Club
nodine....Mine is an 8 digit number. My ISL starts with 464*****. I initially got mine by removing the bedroom engine cover and reading the tag on top of the engine.

I later requested the Recreational Vehicle Data Card from Monaco and it has all of the serial #s for everything in your coach. I never got one when I purchased new. About two months ago I sent Monaco an email request for the Data Card and Paint Codes and got them two days later.
Dutch Star Don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 03:33 AM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diplomat Don View Post
nodine....Mine is an 8 digit number. My ISL starts with 464*****. I initially got mine by removing the bedroom engine cover and reading the tag on top of the engine.

I later requested the Recreational Vehicle Data Card from Monaco and it has all of the serial #s for everything in your coach. I never got one when I purchased new. About two months ago I sent Monaco an email request for the Data Card and Paint Codes and got them two days later.
Don,

Getting Monaco to send the Vehicle Data Card sounds like something I need to do.

Thanks,

Bob
Old 06-15-2009, 08:24 AM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
To determine you CPL (Control Parts List) # locate your oil filler on the timing cover, not in the valve cover, and follow the arrows in the photos to locate the engine ID plate.

On most coaches it is next to impossible to get your eyes above the the plate, so use a digital camera if you have one, or get a mirror and take a peek. More than likely, a good cleaning of the plate will be in order, before you can read it. Once you see the tag, look for the CPL box and note the number. When reading the plate from rear of coach, the numbers/letters are upside down. To read it right side up, you would have to be lying on the engine with your feet toward the front of the coach. This is where the camera is a big help.

This is a photo of my engine plate, so you will know what to look for. I turned my camera around so the photo would be right side up. If you use the A/C adjusting bolt that is in each photo as a reference piont, it will help in locating the plate.

This plate also has the engine number on it. You can see the 8 digit number, beginning with 4669 on the right above "ISL 400"

2008 Monaco Camelot 40' PDQ
Happycarz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 09:21 AM   #8

Monaco Owners Club
Thanks for all the replies. I called Monaco Tech Support and ask them to email me the Vehicle Data Card for my coach. Within minutes I had it. I then called Cummins and low and behold I do need the Fuel Line Recall for the ISL400. I had a photo of what the fuel line brace looked like but when I looked at my engine it did not look the same as the one in the photo. I just assumed the recall did not apply to my engine. You know what they say about ASSUME! Wow are we lucky. We just finished a 2600 mile trip to Denver and back without tangling with a tornado or having a fuel line break. We did pass the Vortex 2 Team on I-70. They were headed in the opposite direction. It is always good to be going in the opposite direction of the Vortex Team. They did have a tornado touch down about ten miles from where we were camped the week after we left.

Bob