RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 06-20-2012, 11:05 PM   #1
Junior Member
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 2
Jack reservoir location

i have not been able to locate the HWH jack reservoir on my 1998 HR Imperial 40WDS. it has an RR8 chassis. i did find a cylindrical cannister in front of the pass side wheel well. it does not have a cap to check the fluild level.

the front jack on the pass side has a leak. i want to try filling the reservoir with some power steering stop leak before removing the jack for rebuilding.

does anyone know the location of this reservoir?
daveb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-21-2012, 08:47 AM   #2
Senior Member
dwkerch's Avatar
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Elbert, Colorado
Posts: 218
On my '99 Diplomat (RR8S chassis) the hydraulic reservoir is just inboard of the transmission cooler, which is inside a locked access door behind the left rear tires. The fill cap is a small "hex" cap that looks more like a breather (it is a breather too) than a fill cap.
2007 Itasca Ellipse 40TD "High Plains Drifter"
'02 Wrangler Tender
dwkerch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 06:40 PM   #3
Junior Member
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 2
thanks! i could not find anything similiar to yours in that area. i still think it may be the large cylinder in front of the pass side. it is acessible when the gen is pulled out. i can feel it vibrate when the jacks are lowered. it has 4 solenoids with fluid hoses so it seems like the leveling system pump. there is no cap to add oil that i can find. i did put in a call to HWH and am expecting them to call back soon.
daveb1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 12:12 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.