Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-09-2012, 03:23 PM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
Jacks beeping intermittantly.

Our jacks come up all the way but we are getting frequent beeping when we are driving signaling they are still down. I put dextron 3 transmission fluid in twice when the jacks are up. Cant read the dipstick well so maybe I don't have enough fluid but I am concerned about overfilling. Does anyone have any suggestions as to what may be wrong.
Vivnme is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-09-2012, 05:29 PM   #2

Winnebago Owners Club
Not sure of your jack type. I had this problem with my RVA jacks and solved it this way Fluid Level Service .
BPOE #2504
Bobs911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 06:14 PM   #3

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
IF you overfill in August when it's 100+ in the shade and the jacks are fully retracted.. Fluid will run down the sides of the tank,

If you over fill in January when it's - someting,, Perhaps it will run out in August

But to be honest,, IF you fill enough to silence the alarm in January, it will run out in August.

IF the tank is properly mounted, all that will happen is a bit of fluid gets on the ground, No damage, So go ahead and fill.
Old 09-09-2012, 11:46 PM   #4
"Formerly Diplomat Don"

Newmar Owners Club
Vivnme.....What year is your Camelot?

Are you sure it's your jacks that are alarming?

Have you ever had this alarm sound when you put it in Drive and released the Parking Brake?

Some models, especially Diplomats (including mine) have had the Park Brake alarm switch go bad. Typically, they will alarm when you put it in Drive and then release the Parking Brake. It will alarm for a few secinds and then stop. The Parking Brake alarm will often start alrming will driving and then stop. If yours isn't alarming when you put it in Drive and release the Parking Brake, it's probably not the the Parking Brake alarm.
Dutch Star Don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 02:53 AM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vivnme View Post
Our jacks come up all the way but we are getting frequent beeping when we are driving signaling they are still down. I put dextron 3 transmission fluid in twice when the jacks are up. Cant read the dipstick well so maybe I don't have enough fluid but I am concerned about overfilling. Does anyone have any suggestions as to what may be wrong.
We have had the alarm go off many times and every time it's been down to a low fluid level.

The dipstick in mine is also hard to read, but I obviously don't know if your system is the same as mine - check out this link and go to page 208.

However, the reservoir for the fluid should have a small screw right and the end and near the top. I am told that this if you take this small screw out and fill the reservoir, the correct level is reached when fluid comes out of the screw hole.

danes-on-tour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 05:04 AM   #6

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
The alarm on my jacks sounded off, after I had retracted them and started to drive.
The jack pad had picked up a rock while camping on a gravel pad. I removed the small rock and the jack was able to completly retract. I now check each jack pad before retracting them. I have power gear jacks on a Fleetwood Revolution.
Old 09-10-2012, 05:38 AM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by okie-dokie
The alarm on my jacks sounded off, after I had retracted them and started to drive.
The jack pad had picked up a rock while camping on a gravel pad. I removed the small rock and the jack was able to completly retract. I now check each jack pad before retracting them. I have power gear jacks on a Fleetwood Revolution.
I always do a walking around before moving the coach, I look at every jack to make sure it's fully retracted, and look at everything on the roof to make sure the antennas are all lowered and everything looks stowed for travel.
JimM68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 05:39 AM   #8

Fleetwood Owners Club
The level sensor arm could be off a bit or going bad
Old 09-10-2012, 06:16 AM   #9

Monaco Owners Club
An easy way to handle this while the alarm is going off, add ATF until it quits, then add a few more ounces. However, I would not be concerned about overfilling. I topped mine off last year untl it ran out. I just stuck my finger in the hole to expell the excess. No problem since and no leaks or seepage.
clyon51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 09:09 AM   #10

Monaco Owners Club
Thank you all for you suggestions. We have a Monaco Camelot 2006. We have overfilled the reservoir and it still beeps. We have a 2006 Monaco Camelot.

DiplomatDan, our does what you are describing except it rarely does it when it is first put in drive and release the brake. We will watch that more.

It seems to start with any bump in the road (I think).😄

There are no rocks they have been cleaned well.

We will check the brake and jack sensors.
Vivnme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 03:25 PM   #11

Fleetwood Owners Club
reservoir sensor is the culprit now I would look there next if it not set correct or got bumped it will do what your getting now
Old 09-10-2012, 05:48 PM   #12

Monaco Owners Club
Did the retract cycle get interrupted? I find mine does that if I inadvertently cycled power during the retract cycle. With a clean retract and visual check then power off my jacks I've never seen this. I own a 2006 Camalot also.

Don
Don_SueB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 06:23 PM   #13
"Formerly Diplomat Don"

Newmar Owners Club
vivnme.....If you can't find the fix and your getting the alarm when you put it in gear, it's probably the brake switch is bad. They're about $50.00 and pretty easy to fix.
Dutch Star Don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 07:25 PM   #14

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
On POwer gear jacks there is a wire that runs into the tank,,, On the top, this is the sensor.

There should be either a flat 2 or a packard plug/socket an inch or two from the tank.

Unplugging will tell the controller "Tank is full" so should silence the alarm, unless there is an "Issue"> NOTE: I do not know if this affects auto-retract Suspect it disables it.

I am in the process of designing and building a brand new fully manual control for my power gear jacks, 250 for a new keypad. OUT OF RANGE ERROR!!!!