Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-19-2010, 07:34 PM   #1

Winnebago Owners Club
Josam Orlando, FL

Spent the day with Barry, Wade and Mr. Coleman of Pikeville, Ky. (more about that later). I took the new to me 05 Dynasty over today for what I thought was a possible rotor problem and to have a full alignment, wheel bearing pack and chassis lube. Turns out the rotor problem was ok for now but take a look again next year, the alignment was out some in the front but the rear was good and the wheel bearings were excellent with plenty grease, good color and no sign of heating up. Went ahead with an outer pack only and put it all back together. Very professional and competent mechanics (techs in todays world). There is no doubt that had I taken the coach to a traditional RV dealership locally, I would have been hit with new rotors, new brake pads, new bearings and no telling what I would have needed for the alignment. My total bill today was under $600 and I was there with the coach being worked on for 4 hours. I was allowed to be in the area where the coach was being attended to and I was being the typical PIA asking questions and looking at every part. No problem although I know it can be distracting for the tech and I don't recommend that you spend too much time taking them away from the work. The next time I go over, I will sit in the lounge and leave them alone because I now know they are very competent and will not try to hit me up for something I don't need.
For me personally, it was a great day to find out that Coleman and I were from the same town in Ky. Talked about our grandfathers and grand mothers and all the things we used to do in eastern Ky. when growing up. Small world as the population of our small towns were just a hair over 300 plus residents. Anyway, if you have a trip planned near the Orlando area, I would strongly recommend a vist to Josam. I drove the coach home about 55 miles and I literally could have use one finger to keep it on the straight and narrow. I guess this is a shameless plug but I think it is important to let others know when you find an honest and competent service center. On a side note, I have always turned my own wrenches and this is the first time I have ever taken my vehicle in for brake inspection, wheel bearing pack and chassis lube. I will continue to do so as long as I have access to Josam. If this in an inappropriate post, please let me know and I wll delete it. I have absolutely no affiliation with Josam or any of their employees.
Barlow46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-19-2010, 08:37 PM   #2

I was there for similar work in Jan and was very satisfied with their work. Real good shop!
Raca-roni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 08:44 PM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
Ours tracks like it is on rails thanks to Josam ORL...GREAT people!!!
Twomed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 12:44 PM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
Most people do not know but they also weight coaches 4-corners. Was there last winter for discussion regarding steering controls for Monaco Knight. They are highly skilled and knowledgeable folks.
chiefdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 09:06 PM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
Is there any comparable shop closer to Montana? I have heard so many positive things about Josam, yet living in Montana; Oralndo is on "the other side of the country"
jsabatinos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 10:05 PM   #6
rex

Monaco Owners Club
Jsabatinos, the closest one to you that Joasm recommends is:

Maupins Truck
Dodge City KS
620-225-4155
Ask for Larry

2001 Monaco Diplomat 40' PDQ - 08 Honda CR-V
rex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 05:05 PM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
Hi Barlow 46.. I live 7 months 30 miles from Josams, and will keep them in mind! Though $600 for just an part and the easy part of a front wheel grease and partial alighnment didnt seem cheap! At 73, I fully greased the bearrings on my Dynasty, in 4 hours! I have had a close friend for many years from Pikeville> Carl Mead. he died a couple years back at 71. we were born the same day, month and year, and shared a few Birthdays together in Orange City, Fl.. allegro5 greatallegro5@aol.com
allegro5 is offline   Reply With Quote