Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-26-2008, 06:57 AM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
Excel Owners Club
How many of you know that at least two of the three Camp Monacos now have free WiFi in the customer lounge?
The two that have been verified are - Harrisburg and Wildwood.
Has anyone been to Waukarusa recently that can post here regarding WiFi?

MonacoMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-26-2008, 06:57 AM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
Excel Owners Club
How many of you know that at least two of the three Camp Monacos now have free WiFi in the customer lounge?
The two that have been verified are - Harrisburg and Wildwood.
Has anyone been to Waukarusa recently that can post here regarding WiFi?

Old 02-26-2008, 09:17 AM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
When we were in camp Monaco (Wakarusa)last September/October there was no wi fi. Keep in mind we were in Wakarusa not Elkhart which is the main repair facility. I hear Elkhart is very nice and even has an activities coordinator in the lounge! Unfortunately, you have to have your rig serviced at Elkhart to stay there. We were being serviced in Wakarusa (plant 19 if I remember correctly)

Very different from Wakarusa. Wakarusa barely has even water/elec/dumping sites. In the repair facility waiting room which was a couple of blocks away, there was one plug in available for a computer. I don't know if it was high speed or not as I use a Verizon air card.

A couple of nights when we were there in June, I think there were over 20 MH parked in the small lot in Wakarusa. We switched spots around every couple of nights so that different people could have electricity/water/dump sites. Since we were there for two weeks the first time, we couldn't go that long without water/dumping. Also, we really needed elec. as it was really hot. We actually had fun greeting MHs when they drove up and helped them park. Great way to meet great people. We all then usually had cocktails and shared stories after settling in.

A really bad thing about Wakarusa Camp Monaco was that there was no where for us to go when there were tornado warnings. There was a locked up house there with a garage, but not sure who that belonged to. By the house and the garage, there was a little room with a pay washer/dryer. It was delapidated, run down,filthy and all windows. Trust us, we would have been better off in the MH than there during a tornado.

I heard that property was actually onwed by the Holiday Rambler group, but I don't know.

Gee
Old 02-26-2008, 09:14 PM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
Excel Owners Club
I also found out that one of the regular Harrisburg seminars on most Tuesdays is "the Ladies Driving Class". They have a classroom setting and then afterwards the instructor will take each lady out individually on the street making right hand turns!
I plan on attending next week...if all goes well! By the way...I did pull the coach out, dump the tanks and park it back.. by myself... and with no one around to give instructions! (although.. I did meet Pusherpilot while dumping my tanks..and he could have been watching out the window as I backed in! )

MM

Old 02-27-2008, 03:31 AM   #5
Administrator in Memoriam

Newmar Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Spartan Chassis
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">the instructor will take each lady out individually on the street making right hand turns! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's pretty darned inconvenient.

So you have to make three right hand turns to go left?

Are left hand turns illegal in Oregon?

Ladies are not allowed to make left turns?

I've never driven a Monaco, but I believe the steering wheel will turn to left.

Route 66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008, 02:53 PM   #6

Maybe you have to be a NASCAR driver to turn left.

and a Bob Tail Cat
Richard and Babs and a Bob Tail Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008, 09:18 PM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
Excel Owners Club
Route66...
well..since I have always spent many hours out of a day to the left side (along with making left turns at Las Vegas Motor Speedway )..I am quite comfortable making left turns ... it is turning those tight (comparably so in a rig) right turns that have me most worried!I have a hard time knowing that I have to pull into an oncoming lane to possibly make turns...
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Ladies are not allowed to make left turns? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Well...Sacs hasn't told me I could not go that way...but then ..I was never turning left on a one way street... how about you?

MM

Old 02-28-2008, 08:05 PM   #8

Monaco Owners Club
We did talk to MonacoMama a couple of times. She parked it perfect, tho we didn't watch, too busy doing the laundry!!

We bailed about 7:15 this a/m and are now at a KOA in Goshen, Ca down by visalia. 698 mi. A great run! Tomorrow, on to Williams, Az. (I hope!!)

Ron
Old 02-29-2008, 05:24 AM   #9

Monaco Owners Club
Mama,
Are the ladies driving classes held every Tuesday? Since my appointment is on a Monday and I'm sure it will roll into Tuesday I would like to see if my wife will take the class.

You have given her inspiration with your great job of parking and all. I figure I can hide out somewhere....maybe protect the dog....while she takes a class. Do you need an appointment?

Thanks,

Steve
nutensteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 09:29 AM   #10

Monaco Owners Club
Excel Owners Club
Hi Steve!
The Ladies Driving Classes ARE USUALLY every Tuesday morning. All you will need to do is on Monday morning see Barbara in the "Customer lounge" and sign up. Barbara is great ...and she has a list of all activities planned for the week...including different "classes" that you might want to look into yourself.
Looking forward to seeing the two of you in a couple of weeks (although...I doubt I will still be at Camp Monaco then. they are giving me a bad time about putting in a mailbox for me!)

MM

Old 02-29-2008, 12:26 PM   #11

Monaco Owners Club
Mama,
Thanks for the info. I just got of the phone with Matt in the service dept...getting an estimate of cost together for me...gulp...ya mean I have to pay. He didn't think that the classes were held in the winter but something might be worked out. I'll check with Barbara when we get there.

We should be arriving sometime Sunday afternoon 3/16/08. We are looking forward to meeting you too.

Steve & Nita
nutensteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 12:41 PM   #12

Monaco Owners Club
Excel Owners Club
Well... I am signed up for next week's class. The only question is ...getting one of the "fleet" rigs over from Peoria Rd facility to use as the "driver" on the road. I can tell you that no one signed up for this past week...so they did not have a class...and the previous 2 weeks the instructor was out of town.

We will catch up with each other in a couple of weeks!

MM

Old 02-29-2008, 12:52 PM   #13
Administrator in Memoriam

Newmar Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Spartan Chassis
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Well... I am signed up for next week's class. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Remember; no peeling out, no doing donuts in the parking lot, no drifting, and no Chinese fire drills.

p.s. drive on the parkway, and park on the driveway

Route 66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 01:14 PM   #14

Monaco Owners Club
Excel Owners Club
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">p.s. drive on the parkway, and park on the driveway </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Dirk... this is Oregon...parkways are big green grassy areas...I think I will stay on the country roads that they have out by Monaco As a matter of fact...I think I'll have to take a couple of photos of one particular road that is close by!

MM