Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-29-2022, 02:23 PM   #1

Just plain weird gauge issues

Hello again,
Have an '02 Dynasty. Replaced the oil pressure sending unit and the guage. All is working well....found out I do indeed have oil pressure. That part is good. The wierd part is, with the switch off, if I turn on the lightswitch, the new guage pegs instantly. If I turn the switch on, The new guage does not move, but the engine and trans temp guages go up. This is with the engine not running. The engine and trans guages also go up if the engine is running, but the new guage is still not affected.
I know someone here has had this issue and can tell me how to resolve this............maybe?
Thanks for the help
tmorrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-29-2022, 02:40 PM   #2

Hi tmorow; It's a gauge grounding issue that Monaco's have. I have some of the issues on my 01 Windsor. You need to check the ground bar in the generator compartment to make sure all connections are tight. Monaco tied all the grounds from one gauge to the other with very small gauge wire and that is part of the problem. A lot of owners run new grounds to the gauges with success. I think your Dynasty has the access panel on top of the dash and that would make it easy to get to the back of the gauges and run some new ground wire. Hope this info helps!
8.3Oilbuner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2022, 07:32 PM   #3

Thanks for that info...that is something I can take care of.
An even stranger thing is my status lights (tanks, LP, batt). They all work and read correctly.....until youn turn on the light over the sink. They all read full if that light is on. Took me a while to figure out why they were correct sometimes and all full at other times. No big deal now that I know what the cause is. `Oh the fun of these older coaches...but it is a great coach.
Old 11-30-2022, 09:29 PM   #4

Good evening Tmorrow; Yes, these years of coaches Monaco made are some of the best, but have a few short comings. I have learned to live with them. In my previous post I did not mention that I have a Silver Leaf system to keep track of all the engine functions off the engine ECM. To me this is far more accurate than the dash gauges. This is why the problem you are having, me too, have not been on my to do list. A lot of owners go to different systems for keeping track of what is going on with the engine functions. If you do run some ground wires to your dash gauges, please post back and let us know the results. Always great to hear that a, fix worked. Have a great evening!
8.3Oilbuner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2022, 05:37 PM   #5

I have been relying on the computer screen for the engine and trans temps, but strangely enough there is no oil pressure readout on there, so I for sure wanted to get that working as I had no idiot light or guage reading when I got the coach. Drove it home by faith...LOL
I wi8ll post the results of new grounds...probably be after the 1st of the year before getting to that. Headed to Branson, Mo Monday for a getaway before Christmas.
Have a wonderful Christmas!
Old 12-08-2022, 03:08 PM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
I have the same sporadic gauge issues so I ended up going to a scangauge D that plugs in under the dash and reads everything directly from the engine CPU and trans CPU.
Tim
Old 12-10-2022, 07:26 AM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
RV Trip Wizard
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmorrow View Post
Thanks for that info...that is something I can take care of.
An even stranger thing is my status lights (tanks, LP, batt). They all work and read correctly.....until youn turn on the light over the sink. They all read full if that light is on. Took me a while to figure out why they were correct sometimes and all full at other times. No big deal now that I know what the cause is. `Oh the fun of these older coaches...but it is a great coach.
I had similar quirks on my gauges but simply connecting one of the pigtailed ground wires coming off the gauge circuit to the nearby ground bar fixed them right up. Once you have access it's a 5 minute job.
RoadTrip2084 is offline   Reply With Quote