Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-18-2021, 10:32 AM   #1

Kenwood navigation system lost disk

I have lost the disk for my Kenwood navigation system on our 2004 Monaca Sig. The model # is KDC-C719
I took the disk out some time ago to try to order an updated GPS disk. Now I cant find it. Maybe because of my age. Just called Ken Wood and was told it is no longer available due the age of the system. Any suggestion for the group and have any of you update your Nav system to something new.
softballnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-18-2021, 11:19 AM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
I would install a Garmin or Rand McNally OverDryve 7 unit. Both of these will do map updates over WiFi.
Just use the Kenwood for music.
CountryB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2021, 01:09 PM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
Our 2004 Signature came with a Kenwood KNA-DV2100 navigation system. It is essentially a rebadged Garmin GPS that interfaces with the Kenwood dash radio screen.
I gave up on updating the older Kenwood system also. I purchased a Garmin RV 770 GPS and attach it to the drivers side window. You can enter your width, length, and height and it is supposed to route you accordingly. It has Bluetooth for your phone and even came with free updates.
I see Garmin now has a new RV1090 GPS with a larger 10" screen.
https://www.garmin.com/en-US/newsroo...gps-navigator/

If you still can't find your disc, I can look for mine but it is grossly out of date.
vito.a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2021, 11:36 AM   #4

Country B
Thanks fir your reply. I think I will take your advise and upgrade to a new GPS. Assuming I can get everything hooked up. Not an electronic wizard.
Old 11-20-2021, 11:44 AM   #5

Vito, thanks for the advise. I will upgrade to the new Garmin that you sent the link to. Hopefully I can figure out how to hook it up.
Just to give you an update about the frig replacement. We brought the RV home from the mountains last week end. I took out the old frig well over a month ago. I will start tearing out the existing shelf the old frig set on. Going to lower it down to about the height of a 2x4 and install a break floor fir the frig. New Samsung has been ordered and should be here in early December. Do I have to get busy.
Have you replaced your main TV that drops down from the ceiling?
Old 11-20-2021, 07:50 PM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
Yes, I have replaced the drop down TV.
Link: http://www.irv2.com/forums/f115/50-t...or-362163.html

Link to refrigerator replacement.
Samsung refrigerator install in 2004 Monaco Signature
http://www.irv2.com/forums/f115/sams...re-356096.html

Also, the Garmin portable GPS just plugs into the 12v cigarette light power outlet.
Hope this helps.
Old 11-21-2021, 06:01 AM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
A few years ago there was an ebay seller which had the sd card GPS update for my Kenwood LZ-702W Hideaway unit. You could look there.
Old 11-27-2021, 07:59 AM   #8

Replace Sharp drop down TV

Quote:
Originally Posted by vito.a View Post
Yes, I have replaced the drop down TV.
Link: https://www.irv2.com/forums/f115/50-...or-362163.html

Link to refrigerator replacement.
Samsung refrigerator install in 2004 Monaco Signature
https://www.irv2.com/forums/f115/sam...re-356096.html

Also, the Garmin portable GPS just plugs into the 12v cigarette light power outlet.
Hope this helps.

I found a VISIO TV that the hole pattern measurers the same distance up from the bottom of the TV as the old sharp that I am replacing. I purchased two HDMI cables and tied a string to the old cables before I pulled them out so I can use the string to pull the new cables through.
So I am ready the install the new TV. But I have a problem. Did you have to replace the Sharp receiver that the HDMI cables plug into? The original Sharp receiver does not have HDMI ports. I was thinking that maybe there is an adapter from the new HDMI cables that converts to what ever the ports are on the old receiver. I shopped around yesterday for a new receiver that would fit in the cabinet above the passenger chair and most of them are just to big (wide). Plus they new receivers are using an HDMI port for the other devices that are plugged into the back of the receiver. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Old 11-28-2021, 10:31 AM   #9

Monaco Owners Club
The original Sharp TV used a separate video processor installed in the cabinet. Your new TV will not require a separate video processor as everything is built in. Just donate the old TV and processor to someone.
You can install a Blu-ray player and connect it to your new TV via HDMI.
You should also connect the new TV audio to your sound system. These new TV’s have small rear facing speakers that do not work well. Did your coach come with the Bose surround sound system? You can update it, or if it's still working connect the new TV audio out to it. This will require you to turn on the Bose system along with the TV and place the Bose system in Aux input for sound. Another reason this is required is during the summer the noise from the overhead A/C systems will drown out your small TV speakers.
Old 11-29-2021, 06:11 AM   #10

TV replacement

Yes the RV has the Bose surround sound system. The speakers have not been working for about a month. Last evening I finally found the woofer which is under the kitchen sink. I have no idea how to get to it. But I will find away today. Not sure what to look fir when I find it. I will check to see if it is on and all plugs are in.
Did your old system have the Sharp receiver and is that what you are calling a processor? My Sharp receiver does not have HDMI ports. Also, it appears to me that everything is connected thru this Sharp receiver system. Did you replace the Sharp receiver?
Thanks
Old 11-29-2021, 06:57 AM   #11

Monaco Owners Club
Do you have the Bose Lifestyle 38 (AV38) or which model, some hade the Lifestyle 28? The 38 is a pretty good system which has a hard drive that allows quite a bit of music to be installed. It sounds great once you get it working. https://www.bose.com/en_us/support/p...8_series1.html

The unit has an "S" video connector out of the back of the Media Center in your AV cabinet that carries the audio signal to the Acoustimass Module (Subwoofer) under your sink. The Subwoofer module is plugged in to 120VAC, make sure it has power. The "S" video cable at the Media Center is a good place to start as everyone wiggles it around and either unplugs it or breaks a wire.

The Subwoofer Module has the amplifier in it and the wiring to the 5 speakers; two front, one center and two rear, travels from under the sink to each speaker. It relies on the audio signal from the Media Center, without that signal it will not work.

I had to repair a "S" Video cable wire at the Media Center to get minework. The hard drive failed and there was another problem. Bose repaired it for $165 five years ago. Other than no Bluetooth it is a great system, IMHO.

I use it with a Samsung 50" Smart TV in the overhead lift and cannot imagine much better sound in a camper.
Old 12-01-2021, 12:22 PM   #12

Bose Surround system with a sound bar

Has any one replaced their Bose surround system with a sound bar?

It appears to me that my Bose surround system is dead. I think the best thing to do is to replace it with a sound bar mounted up front where the 3 front speakers are currently located. My new Visio 50 inch TV has blue tooth so I can get a blue tooth compatible sound bar for my sound system.
To work on the Bose woofer under the sink is almost impossible. I have fought with this trying to get it out for 2 days. So I am just going to leave it alone especially due to the fact that it is an 2004 model Bose system.

I you have any thoughts on this please give me your input.
Thanks
Old 12-01-2021, 12:58 PM   #13

Monaco Owners Club
I don't understand why you are removing the subwoofer?
Just check to make sure the subwoofer has electrical power under the cabinet and also make sure the other audio cords are plugged into the subwoofer.
Are the Bose cube speakers working?
Do you have a remote control for it?

My original Bose Lifestyle 38 media center was not working correctly. Instead of repairing it, I purchased a newer Bose Lifestyle receiver/amplifier only on eBay very cheap. It was pretty easy removing the old unit and installing the new one. Everything just plugs right in.

If you install a separate sound bar you will need to get electrical power to it somehow.
Old 12-01-2021, 01:28 PM   #14

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by vito.a View Post
My original Bose Lifestyle 38 media center was not working correctly. Instead of repairing it, I purchased a newer Bose Lifestyle receiver/amplifier only on eBay very cheap. It was pretty easy removing the old unit and installing the new one. Everything just plugs right in.
Vito, which model did you install?