Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-06-2019, 07:43 PM   #1

Kenwood radio

40 ft 2005 Monaco Windsor PDQ. Replacing most of the sound system and radio but ran into a problem. Removed Kenwood touch screen sound control. The flip up touch controller is hooked to a Kenweed box in front of the control. This box is glued down and cannot remove it. My problem is that I can not find the antenna connection. I think it runs into the front of this box but can not verify the connection. Can I remove this front box and is the antenna connected where it can be seen? When complete there will be a Kenwood sound system for someone who needs it. It works without any problem. Thanks for all replies.
Jim McElwee is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-06-2019, 08:11 PM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
If you don't have one, get a 2 or 3" mirror on an extension rod and a flash light to look all around it- The antenna wire should be a shielded cable. Or you can stick your phone back there and shoot some pictures.
Old 05-06-2019, 08:31 PM   #3

How much do you want for it.
153stars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2019, 03:50 AM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
If you have the Kenwood KVT-M700 or KVT-M707, there is a "hideaway" box located on the firewall (or under dash). The antenna plugs into this hideaway box.
On my coach this box is mounted to the firewall to the left of steering column. It is mounted with angle brackets on each side.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Kenwood KVT-M707 Hideaway Receiver.JPG
Views:	140
Size:	70.8 KB
ID:	245095  
CountryB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2019, 12:01 AM   #5

Thanks for the replies. I am sure the antenna connection is in the box forward of the radio but it is glued in and did not want to break. I will pry it up and find if so. About the price, I was hoping someone needed it and would donate to that someone. Let me know.
Old 05-08-2019, 04:11 AM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
which model is the Kenwood? I need the KVT-M707 model (head-end unit).

I bought all the parts from someone else with the intent to upgrade my older M700 to the M707, but the head-end (the monitor) is not working. So if you decide to just abandon the control box in place, I would be interested in buying the monitor (or I'd buy both pieces if you can get everything out).
PM me.
Thanks
Old 05-12-2019, 12:41 PM   #7

I finally got back to work and found my antenna where was advised. Removed radio and CB unit. Radio installed using a double sized unit. Thanks for all replies. The unit removed is a Kenwood KVT-M700. Both receiver and touch screen worked. If someone has a broken unit and does not plan on selling, the cost will be a shipping only. Jim 850-380-8001 Pensacola FL
Old 05-12-2019, 02:47 PM   #8

Monaco Owners Club
Jim, I'll the monitor to have for a spare for the price of shipping - if no one offers you a better deal.

I can't find a working M707 monitor to upgrade to, so having a spare M700 will ensure I will continue to have a working system if my current equipment fails.

PM sent.
Old 05-13-2019, 07:23 AM   #9

I was first to ask how much... but dont have other hidden part "hide away receiver"that all the speakers and antenna go to.
Did you remove that. If not what model radio to see if I can get a replacement on eBay.
Can only find 700 hideaway so fa
153stars is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
radio