Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-22-2016, 10:29 PM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
Keyless entry door troubles

I own a 2005 Monaco beaver. My entry door has a mind of its own. It has locked me out several times and today it actually locked me in.. I left my remote on the bench and went inside and it actually locked me inside. I didn't touch anything. I physically could not unlock the door from the inside. I like the bay door locks but I would just love to disconnect the entry door remote. The keyless pad doesn't work at all. Wondering if I have some kinda short onthe keyless pad? What the heck is goin on. Anybody got any ideas? My wife told me to call ghostbusters... Ha ha lol

Thanks
Mrbrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-22-2016, 11:24 PM   #2

The keyless entry on our 05 Navigator failed 3 times in as many years. The touch pads kept failing. Essex keyless Corp in carpenter is CA. Is where you buy another one. This last set have not failed. They must have found a new way to make them. Easy to replace.
Old 06-23-2016, 12:42 AM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
Or just take the door panel off and remove the actuator. Easy to do. You could also just clip the wires going to it but a couple of mine on bay doors have frozen in the locked position which makes it tough to get the door open. Probably wouldn't happen but I would remove it if you are not going to have it fixed.
gemert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2016, 10:04 AM   #4

Remove the keypad, the Mfg and model number will be on the side of the keypad, it probably will be a Trimark, I was able to purchase a new replacement on EBay. Once you install the replacement, call Trimark, they will walk you thru the programming steps. I had a similar issue that you encountered, in my 2005 HR SCEPTER, after taking the above steps all back to normal.
Rburian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2016, 10:26 AM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
Newmar Owners Club
When you manage to get out of your rig a couple of things you might want to try. Take the door key pad off and disconnect the plug on the back. The key pad is like a computer of its own this will be like a reboot. Also in the compartment on your dash above the steering wheel there is the control box for the remote. It has the antenna wire coming out of it. Unplug that and it will then reboot when you plug it back in too.

I went through these steps on the phone with the folks from Trimark and we reprogramed the keypad when I purchased my 06 Beaver. The keypads are hard to find to get a new one for that model. Trimark techs are real easy to work with.

My touch keypad will quit working every time it rains or there is high moisture but let things dry out and presto all works well. It has to do with the electrical sensor that reads your finger touch as it is electrical not pressure touch that controls the touchpad.

Hope this helps

Steve
Old 06-23-2016, 11:11 AM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
when our remote door unlock acted up (I always kept a key available)

thanks to a post on here I ordered the $10 kit to replace the door contactors and in ten minutes I was in luck !

(I still keep the door key with me though !)
Old 06-23-2016, 01:17 PM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
found the link to the door actuator:
Euramtec

and I lied - it was $9.00

my issue was the springs that pushed the contactors out had become weak and crud was in there...

give them a call, they may be able to help !

Tags
door