Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-01-2021, 11:56 AM   #15

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by iznutz View Post
I ran a multimeter on the door contacts and there is 12 volts when I press the lock and unlock button. Amos, just to clarify, the click I hear when I press the button is not the actuator. Walter pointed out the lights are on a different relay and that is where I hear the click. So now I think I have narrowed it to something inside the door. Any recommendation on where I should start once I am in the door?
Since you are getting 12v across the contact points, it has to be in the door. I’m not sure what you are hearing. I just checked mine, and if I click the FOB withe the door open, I can hear a very faint click. Probably a small relay that sets the lights on for the short entry period. If I close the door you can hear a much louder clunk of the actuator operation. Try you FOB with the door open and then closed. If you hear a difference then the actuator is working. If no chang, then not. Also, since you are operating the FOB and a voltmeter I assume you have help. The 12v should reverse when you click lock or unlock. One way is 12v+ and the other 12v-. And don’t do it to ground and just one of the contacts, do it across Both contacts. If you have powe and it reverses on lock or unlock the problem has to be in the door. The actuator can fail. Also the rod or rods can come loose. I have had mine apart. It is a Trimark and the actuator is about halfway front to back and level with the door latch. Hopefully it is just a clip broken or a rod loose. But now that you have the inside panel off, if no clips are broke or rods loose you can unplug the wires from the actuator and test for power just like you did on the door contacts. Hopefully if the actuator is bad you can find a part number on it. They are pretty common and a NAPA store can probably cross reference it. Or a google search by part number.
amosnandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!