Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-12-2013, 09:18 AM   #1

Keyless entry pad. Little help please

I can find and reset the plunger to put in a new entry code for our keyless entry pad. Problem is the pad lights up but nothing happens when I press any number?? I have taken the fuse out of the line going into square "box" for the keyless entry system to reset the system but that doesn't do anything. My remote will unlock the door but the lock won't work on it. I used to be able to lock the coach using the pad but again no numbers will work on the pad.
Any ideas guys? Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Safe travels all
FLYING BUTCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-12-2013, 10:15 AM   #2
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
You don't tell us anything about your RV and the profile doesn't either, so it's gonna be hard for anyone to help you!

My 2002 Windsor has a keyless entry and the program button was hanging down behind the radio in the center of the dash. I was able to remove the drawers below the radio and find it.

Good luck, happy trails, and God bless!
MSHappyCampers is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 01:11 PM   #3

Keyless entry

We have a 04 Beaver Marquie. I have all ready located the control box and cut the power to it. That is what the owners guide instructed to do to reset. Nothing happens when I do that. As I mentioned, I have done the reset plunger, got the 4 beeps but when I try to put in a new code the key board on the outside of the coach doesn't respond. It is light up and with my remote I can unlock the coach but no buttons work on the pad???
Old 07-12-2013, 01:18 PM   #4

Winnebago Owners Club
Did you see "Essex" anywhere as the manufacturer? Take a look at this link and see if it sounds like the one you have. The KE-1700 Series Keyless Entry System
Barlow46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 01:52 PM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
When programing there are certain #'s you can not start with on my 04 Sig. It told me in the instructions what they were.

Dave
Old 07-12-2013, 01:55 PM   #6

On my instructions, after you hear the 4 beeps, you have 2 minutes to enter 1 1 1 9 on the keypad. After that, you will hear 3 rapid beeps and then you have 5 seconds to enter your code. Then wait 5 seconds and you should hear 3 beeps and your new code is learned.
Otherwise, if your keys are doing nothing, the pad is probably bad. They have a 3 year warranty and the date is on the back of the unit.
Old 07-12-2013, 04:40 PM   #7

Keyless

The problem is the keypad will not take ANY numbers. My instructions are the same but I can't even get the first "1" to take. I was going to remove the pad but it is really stuck in the side of the coach. I tried even using the end of a screwdriver to push on the number but nothing. Like I said, the pad is lite, the plunger gives the 4 beeps and can even open the coach using the remote?? Just don't understand why none of the numbers will work? Thanks for ideas guys
Old 07-12-2013, 06:36 PM   #8

Winnebago Owners Club
I think you have a bad keypad. Find out if it is Essex and if so call tech support from the website link I gave you. They will help you troubleshoot it.
Old 07-12-2013, 07:23 PM   #9

If it's the old style keypad (oval type keys), you have to peel the front decal off that surrounds the keys. There are 2 rivets under the decal that have to be drilled out to remove the unit. FYI, there's a newer type unit for sale in the classifieds right now.
I replaced mine a few months ago. The new one is much better.
Old 07-13-2013, 06:50 AM   #10

Keypad

Thanks for all the info guys. First time I have looked at the classified section, but couldn't find the keypad for sale? Sorry to be a pest. Just didn't find it.

Safe travels all
Old 07-13-2013, 07:21 AM   #11

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYING BUTCH View Post
Thanks for all the info guys. First time I have looked at the classified section, but couldn't find the keypad for sale? Sorry to be a pest. Just didn't find it.

Safe travels all
Flying Butch,
I made an offer to buy the unit late last night from the classified section as my pad is also not working as it should. I didn't realize you were going to the classifieds to possibly buy it also. I mistakenly thought that you were troubleshooting it for a possible fix. Regardless, it was not my intent to make the offer to buy it out from under you so to speak.
In the best interest of fairness and goodwill, I will contact the owner of the keypad and explain the situation to him and if you want the keypad, I will defer to you instead for first choice. You can let me know via PM or publicly here. Thanks.
Old 07-13-2013, 08:05 AM   #12
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barlow46 View Post
Flying Butch,
I made an offer to buy the unit late last night from the classified section as my pad is also not working as it should. I didn't realize you were going to the classifieds to possibly buy it also. I mistakenly thought that you were troubleshooting it for a possible fix. Regardless, it was not my intent to make the offer to buy it out from under you so to speak.
In the best interest of fairness and goodwill, I will contact the owner of the keypad and explain the situation to him and if you want the keypad, I will defer to you instead for first choice. You can let me know via PM or publicly here. Thanks.
Now THIS is one of the things that make IRV2 so great! How many other forums have members like this that put other's needs ahead of their own!
MSHappyCampers is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 10:27 AM   #13

Keypad Keyless Entry: A1 Electric Online Store
This is where I got mine.
Best price I could find.
Old 07-14-2013, 06:10 AM   #14

Great, thanks for the site.

Safe travels

Tags
ugh!