Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-13-2017, 04:27 AM   #1

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Keyless Entry Programming Button Location?

I have a new to me 2007 Navigator. I'm looking for the Programming Button for the Keyless Entry System. In the 2006 Manual they state that it is under the passenger side cup holder. The 2007 Manual does not mention where it is. I've looked under the cup holder and under the dash (where it was on my 02 HR Imperial). Any thoughts?
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-13-2017, 05:25 AM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by dverstra View Post
I have a new to me 2007 Navigator. I'm looking for the Programming Button for the Keyless Entry System. In the 2006 Manual they state that it is under the passenger side cup holder. The 2007 Manual does not mention where it is. I've looked under the cup holder and under the dash (where it was on my 02 HR Imperial). Any thoughts?
The Keyless Entry module has the programming button attached with a short cable and a red LED with another short cable. The module is located in various places depending on the model and year of coach. The best way to find it is to wait until dark and go inside the coach and lock the door with the FOB. Lay down an look up under the dash for the flashing red LED. It flashes as long as the door is locked with the FOB.

We have a 2006 Diplomat and ours is located just below the dash radio.

Bob
nodine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2017, 07:11 AM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
I have heard of some in the passenger seat arm under the cushion. There is a zipper on the material covering the cushion.
gemert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2017, 08:03 AM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by nodine View Post
The Keyless Entry module has the programming button attached with a short cable and a red LED with another short cable. The module is located in various places depending on the model and year of coach. The best way to find it is to wait until dark and go inside the coach and lock the door with the FOB. Lay down an look up under the dash for the flashing red LED. It flashes as long as the door is locked with the FOB.

Bob
That's how I found mine back when the coach was new. It was coiled up stuffed back behind the radio. I now leave it hanging out under the driverside dash so I can see it from most anywhere in the coach, confirming by the flashing that the doors are locked.
Ron
Old 04-13-2017, 09:22 AM   #5
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Our coach is much older and may be totally different, but the programming pushbutton is hanging down in the center console, below the radio and behind the two drawers. It's pretty small so you may need a flashlight to see it among the other wires back there! Good luck!
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2017, 04:21 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by nodine View Post

Bob
Problem is that the FOB doesn't work even after changing the battery
Old 04-13-2017, 05:00 PM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
I looked all over for my reprogramming button and never did find it. The wiring schematic on my rig showed that the button actually just went to ground when pushed. I installed my own button attaching it to the yellow wire on the keypad. It worked and I was able to reprogram.

Years later when I was installing a new CB I found a wire wrapped in the black plastic covering, looking closely there was a red button inside the plastic. It was buried in between a bunch of other wires.
jacwjames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2017, 08:27 PM   #8

Monaco Owners Club
On a 2007 Navigator you will have a removable panel on the top of the dash directly in front of the driver. The panel is curved over the top of the dash and is 7" X 20" and has two screws covered by small push-on covers.

Pull the screw covers off and remove the panel. Your Trimark security module is located under the front right corner of the cover. The wire bundle coming out of the security module will have your programming button and red LED light bundled up with zip ties around it. Carefully cut the zip ties and unravel the button and LED.

Look at the thread I started below, post #3. Is you remote the top, or bottom style? Monaco switched security systems in 2006-2007. The older system was fixed code and the newer system is rolling code technology. Trimark still sells the newer system remotes, but not the older ones. If you have the fixed code system I can help you find and program new remotes.

You will use the red LED and push-button to program remotes, but the entry code is programmed from the keypad.

http://www.irv2.com/forums/f115/help...ng-324146.html
vito.a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2017, 05:42 AM   #9

Vito
Thanks for the info. I'll look for it this afternoon. I read through your other thread and looked up the new (old style) remotes on the website that you had linked. The specs on the website state that they are already at 310 mhz. Is that correct? Is that what I need? I'm thinking of purchasing 2 of them.
Old 04-14-2017, 08:47 AM   #10
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacwjames View Post
I looked all over for my reprogramming button and never did find it. The wiring schematic on my rig showed that the button actually just went to ground when pushed. I installed my own button attaching it to the yellow wire on the keypad. It worked and I was able to reprogram.

Years later when I was installing a new CB I found a wire wrapped in the black plastic covering, looking closely there was a red button inside the plastic. It was buried in between a bunch of other wires.

Jim, I'm betting it was under the radio behind the drawers, right?
Old 04-14-2017, 10:06 AM   #11

Monaco Owners Club
Exactly where mine was at on our 2007 Dynasty.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vito.a View Post
On a 2007 Navigator you will have a removable panel on the top of the dash directly in front of the driver. The panel is curved over the top of the dash and is 7" X 20" and has two screws covered by small push-on covers.

Pull the screw covers off and remove the panel. Your Trimark security module is located under the front right corner of the cover. The wire bundle coming out of the security module will have your programming button and red LED light bundled up with zip ties around it. Carefully cut the zip ties and unravel the button and LED.

Look at the thread I started below, post #3. Is you remote the top, or bottom style? Monaco switched security systems in 2006-2007. The older system was fixed code and the newer system is rolling code technology. Trimark still sells the newer system remotes, but not the older ones. If you have the fixed code system I can help you find and program new remotes.

You will use the red LED and push-button to program remotes, but the entry code is programmed from the keypad.

http://www.irv2.com/forums/f115/help...ng-324146.html
tophog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2017, 12:06 PM   #12

I FOUND it! Right where Vito explained it would be. Next step: Where do I find an Authorization Code? I don't have the original Manual that it was probably attached to.
Old 04-14-2017, 01:37 PM   #13
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
I FOUND it! Right where Vito explained it would be. Next step: Where do I find an Authorization Code? I don't have the original Manual that it was probably attached to.

I believe with the programming button you can default the system and put in your own code.
Old 04-14-2017, 05:53 PM   #14

Keyless Entry Programming Button Location?

Quote:

I believe it's 77777 for standard operating button system. If you have door bell I thinks it's 44444 if no one changed it

Tags
cat