Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-12-2010, 04:18 PM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Keyless entry sound and light missing

When returning to our MH after storage our keyless entry remote control will open our door but there are no marker lights (orange lights) illuminating. I also seem to remember that a small chime would be audiable and this has also vanished.

Does anyone know if these features are fused or controlled by a relay or solenoid?

In my manual I can see a couple of relays on the bottom left diagram named "MONACO 1". They are marked "Marker lights". Could these be it?

danes-on-tour is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-12-2010, 04:34 PM   #2

Marker Lights are your running lights on the side and top of the MH. My Keyless entry is all one unit and I have to take the armrest off to get to it. If the thing is letting you unlock the door then it is getting power
Mike Canter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 05:02 PM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
I have the manual for the TriMark system. It shows that there is an output the turns on the lights. I can PM it to you if you want.
itdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 05:13 PM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Canter View Post
Marker Lights are your running lights on the side and top of the MH. My Keyless entry is all one unit and I have to take the armrest off to get to it. If the thing is letting you unlock the door then it is getting power
I can unlock the door so yes - I have power to the system. maybe it is the control box (wherever this is located) that is not giving off the appropriate signal.

itdave - yes please.

Old 10-12-2010, 06:36 PM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
We had a 2007 HR Endeavor and the control box was behind the drawers in the center of the dash assembly. I imagine it is in a similar location on your Dip. Remove the drawers and you should be able to see it on the floor at the back of the enclosure. That is if it is like the Endeavor. Hope this is helpful.

Lew
Old 10-12-2010, 08:00 PM   #6
"Formerly Diplomat Don"

Newmar Owners Club
Mine was just behind the drawers and was visible if you knelt down on the entry step and look behind the drawers. The first thing I would try is to locate it, unplug it and then plug it back in and see if it reboots.
Dutch Star Don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 08:45 AM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
TriMark Manual

Danes,
I could not figure out how to attach a file to a PM so here I the manuals I have. My control unit is behind the radio but I can get to it by reaching in on the right side of the counsel the house the radio and two draws.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf TriMark sys_inst.pdf (314.5 KB, 88 views)
File Type: pdf TriMark e-pad_inst.pdf (209.9 KB, 292 views)
File Type: pdf e-pad_e-fob_user.pdf (256.4 KB, 203 views)
itdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 10:05 AM   #8

Monaco Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Dave - thank you for the manuals. That was extremely helpful.

Don - I have located the box. I dismounted the panel immediately underneath the radio and there it was. Thank you.

I have also spoken to a TriMark technician who explained that it was possible for a chip inside the box to go bad thereby disabling my missing features. However - if I am getting 12V for 30 seconds from the pink wire at pin 13 when unlocking the door, then the box is OK and working as it should.

I have now checked this and I do get 12V for 30 seconds. I have therefore managed to establish that the TriMark system is not the cause of the error and that is good news.

Being "electrically challenged" I would appreciate some advise as to where to go next.

Old 10-13-2010, 10:16 AM   #9

Well the next question is where is the tone generator/specker located. Is there a small speaker out side the box or is it inside the key panel? Did the company supply you with wiring diagrams in those manuals? If so then look for the wires to the tone generator/speaker and the wires for the light power and see if they run through a common connector to the key panel. If so then that would be where I would go first. Second...if the tone generator/speaker is located inside the keypanel then there is a possibility of a common ground for the panel being loose or corroded. The company should be able to tell you this.
Mike Canter is offline   Reply With Quote